Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The most you have ever been low balled?

Default The most you have ever been low balled?
    I have my 8GB 3G for sale locally here are some of the offers I received. Note the phone is 10/10 perfect unlocked and jailbroken.

Trade for a Blackberry Pearl.

$250.00

$350.00 (suspicious)

$50.00

$300.00

So how much have you ever been low balled for? I will update this as I receive offers.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

lol @ Blackberry Pearl. That's like trading a mercedes for a kia
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Craigslist has all these people who are just retarded when it comes to these types of things. Just because I'm selling on craigslist doesn't mean I'm going to fu*king sell you my Computer for 200$ or my iPhone for 50 (yes I also got many of these offers). People think that there will be some huge drop in price because they are buying online and used. It's so stupid... If I find a cheap offer then yeah, I'll buy it, but I'm not gonna suggest some low ball offer.. When I buy I say I'll pay the price that the seller asks. I'm not some heckler on the street bargaining ridiculous prices. (more then 50$ +- the original)

Quote Originally Posted by gQstatus05 View Post
    lol @ Blackberry Pearl. That's like trading a mercedes for a kia
    nah its like trading a ducati for a honda lol

Some guy is really persistent we're emailing back and forth. He told me "But yours is used I can get one at Wal-Mart for $397 brand new!"

I said, Yeah you actually can... with a 2 year contract paying $39.99 a month for the cheapest plan, then adding a $36 activation fee with an extra $30 a month for a data plan.

Then he said. "Ok ok, I know you can do better than that how about $300"

Driving me nuts... I don't want to be rude though but people really should know what something is before offering for it. Do research, lawd jesus.

id pay you $200 and trade you my 1st gen

or just pay you $300

HEY don't hate on Kia!

Yeah Ive been offered alot of crap.........even on ebay.

Ebay's the funniest though....cause they are like"

"IF YOU END THE AUCTION NOW I WILL IMMEDIATELY SEND YOU $100....NO WAITING!!! WHAT A DEAL!!!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I had a dude try to buy my t-mobile Wing i had on craiglist for 200 he said hed give me 100 i was like wtf!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You also can't hate on Honda. One of the best cars on the road, anything japanese anyway.

BTW I don't remember hearing Honda or Toyota needing bailouts.
    Last edited by gQstatus05; 2009-02-18 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Haha I was refering to bikes there gQ but your right we haven't heard about any car company really except gm.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

LOL, I lowballed a guy on craigs list, and he took it. $100 for a 4 gig. Don't be hatin on low ballin. No one has to take the offer, it comes down to who is the better salesmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmasta View Post
    LOL, I lowballed a guy on craigs list, and he took it. $100 for a 4 gig. Don't be hatin on low ballin. No one has to take the offer, it comes down to who is the better salesmen.
    Very true, But $100 for a 4 gig is just a fair price.

Offered $100... =/

Now he said "I can get new for 200"

Then I explained once again, not without signing a 2 year contract, $36 activation fee, tax, etc...

Waiting on a reply, lol I prob won't even get one... I'm so close to just keeping it...
    Last edited by XxBackHillxX; 2009-02-18 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok, here's what I don't understand... maybe it's just them thinking I'm stupid enough to take a low amount of money but... I mean come on.

They keep telling me "Oh I can go and get a new one for $199.

Then again I explain yeah with a contract and you CAN'T unlock it since it will be 2.2.1, then they back off... I think I;m just going to keep it.

Lol - Yeah like stated earlier, people on there think just because it's "craigslist" they're going to pay much less than value for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    Haha I was refering to bikes there gQ but your right we haven't heard about any car company really except gm.
    Yeah....whats wrong with Honda.....I have an 06 CBR1000 and an 03 Superhawk1000

I had someone offer me a ps2 (original fat one) with 10 games for my minty 4GB, I sold the phone the next day for $220, and the day after that I bought an 8GB for $215. Only downside is the right side has a couple dents and its got scratches, but I have a case and once I get some cash I'm gonna buy a new housing for it.

Lowballs I've made with iPhone include:

iPhone for dirtbike
    iPhone + $100 for dirtbike
    iPhone + $300 for a stunted out zx7r
    iPhone for a car that was listed at $500

And a few more. I usually just do it out of boredom, knowing nothing will come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Yeah....whats wrong with Honda.....I have an 06 CBR1000 and an 03 Superhawk1000
    nothing is wrong with honda. Just comparing extreme high to mid class bike.

I've done plenty 'o' low ballin' on CraigsList. A buddy of mine has made quite a profit out of it.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast