Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The most you have ever been low balled?

Quote Originally Posted by XxBackHillxX View Post
    Ok, here's what I don't understand... maybe it's just them thinking I'm stupid enough to take a low amount of money but... I mean come on.

They keep telling me "Oh I can go and get a new one for $199.

Then again I explain yeah with a contract and you CAN'T unlock it since it will be 2.2.1, then they back off... I think I;m just going to keep it.
    Man I HATE people like that, and I also hate when they're not serious buyers. Craigslist is full of low ballers and people basically want to buy expensive goods for like 1/4 the price some people are just too cheap and want to spend the lowest amount of money.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

lol, craigslist is the equivalent of an electronic garage sale or pawnshop; you can't expect people to just offer up full price. Where would you have sold your goods before the invention of eBay or craigslist? A pawnshop or garage sale...where people bargain and fair is just a concept thrown by the way side. Sellers obviously want (or need) the cash more than the item, or else they wouldn't be selling it. Thus, people lowball.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I love throwing out crazy low ball offers. Sometimes people take it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Sillyness
    A friend (incidentally, the one whose iPhone I'm now trying to repair in a separate thread) got his iPhone 3G in the following way:

He had bought an iPhone immediately before the 3G came out- obviously he was pissed when it came out, was cheaper and superior to the original. A month later he saw on Craigslist someone who wanted to trade her 3G for an original... Imagining he would have to pay her something he investigated. Low and behold he met up with her and she was telling him how "Apple is an evil corporation... and they want to control everything... and I'm going to get a Google phone..."

Needless to say he just nodded his head (wondering why she was trading her 3G for an Original if she wanted a "Google phone" anyway), smiled a lot and traded her the Orig for the 3G. Laughed all the way home too. ROFL.

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

$70 on perfect 1gen 16gb iphone.I guess some people take OBO as sign of desperation .My only reply was :'ARE YOU CRAZY'.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

obo means low ball the hell our of me

Isnt a new one $200 and a 16gb $300, i wouldnt buy above $150 or $250 respectively

Quote Originally Posted by alek View Post
    Isnt a new one $200 and a 16gb $300, i wouldnt buy above $150 or $250 respectively
    With a new 2 year contract from AT&T. Those are prices ONLY with a contract, half the time people will buy one and use it on T-Mobile or something.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive had the same problems : "I can get it cheaper on ebay" my reply, " then that sounds like a better option for you". " It only cost 300". Yeah, thats with a two year contract with a 30 dollar data plan for 2 years. It really gets on my nerves
    If I helped you dont be afraid to click thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12