Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G iPhone Question?

Default 3G iPhone Question?
    I read today that the launch of the 3G iPhone device this summer may be delayed due to testing on carrier networks.

My question is, are they just going to release it like a regular phone, or is this 3G iPhone going to be just like the June 29th launch, where we have to stand in line (let me tell you, that was hell. it was hot as hell, people were cursing us out, then it rained, and the AT&T people just let us sit out there / we were the first four there)?

I really do not want to go through that again...but...

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

wow that is devotion people !
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

No..it was stupid. I lied to my employees and told them I was taking a personal day. Thank god the news crews showed up before I arrived. The other three people (as I stated earlier, we were the first four - the first guy was there at 3AM and they did not start selling till 6PM and he had to work that night at like 7PM or 8PM). were on TV and got heckled by some people who told them and I quote, "Get a life you fscking losers." At least people were not being held up for their iPhones like they were doing for the Playstation 3's and the Nintendo Wii's.

formerly known as arturpokusin playful_cyanide's Avatar
    Thanks

haha. Just had to look back at the time that i waited two hours for the release of leopard. It was inside, so that was a little less "x-treme". but it was fun. got family pack of leopard and leopard t-****. It was awesome. worth it, (even though i could've downloaded it 'uTorr....' woops. nvmd.
    Don't forget to hit
    Get your custom MMi Signature's here!

Join the MMi \/\/AVE experience

Thanks

let me get this straight- you waited in line- for a service pack?

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    let me get this straight- you waited in line- for a service pack?
    LMAO!!!!

Made my morning....

formerly known as arturpokusin playful_cyanide's Avatar
    Thanks

wtf? service pack? no, i got leopard on the release day. full family pack. (Sac, CA) arden fair mall
    Don't forget to hit
    Get your custom MMi Signature's here!

Join the MMi \/\/AVE experience

I never did get why people waiting on line like that. My at&t store didn't pick up a line until noon time & the Apple store had PLENTY of iPhones through out the weekend. I laughed when customer's came in sat/sun telling us they simply walked in & out in less than 5 mins.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arturpokusin View Post
    wtf? service pack? no, i got leopard on the release day. full family pack. (Sac, CA) arden fair mall
    lol, it was a sarcastic statement
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-03-05 at 03:52 PM.

I have a friend who camped overnight in a BestBuy parking lot for a copy of Rock Band LOL, What a freak.

Anyway, I may be ignorant here but I was under the impression that all iPhones were 3G ready but because of the Apple agreement with AT&T they were set to run on the Edge only. Am I wrong here? Are we really going to have to buy new phones to get 3G?

The current iPhones are NOT 3G ready.. You will definitely need to purchase a whole new unit.

Interestingly enough, now with at&t stores selling out refurbished iphones don't be suprised if a release is around the corner.

Well that stinks

You can bet that there will be lines- maybe not as bad as the original release. I will do what I did last time; wait for the commotion to die down.

Also, this is all unofficial. There has been no announcement from Apple about anything close to a 3G iPhone. So I take this whole thing with a grain of salt.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!