Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie Iphone user- willing to learn

Unhappy Newbie Iphone user- willing to learn
    Hi everyone! First off- yes I am new to the iphone world, but very in love already.
    We bought a used iphone- and i was very pleased with myself that i unlocked it and jailbroke is for my husband. everything worked fine- THEN the computer and itunes- quit reconizing that it was even connected- although it would still charge.
    So, I did something very inexperienced,I tried resetting all the settings hoping that it would reset everything and i would just start over.
    Now it is stuck on the pineapple on the screen.
    so, here is where I am at-
    1:computer still will not even reconize when usb cable is connected to the iphone.
    2:iphone stuck with pineapple on the screen,
    3:vibrates every so often.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated and welcomed!!
    thank you!

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

First off welcome , i hope you enjoy your stay here .

Same thing happened to me when resetting settings .
    You have to put it in DFU mode and restore and unlock and jailbreak again

open itunes > connect your iphone >press HOME AND POWER and hold them for 10 seconds >after 10 seconds RELEASE POWER AND KEEP HOLDING HOME

itunes should , if not repeat , recognize it
    restore and unlock and jailbreak again

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaMagic View Post
    First off welcome , i hope you enjoy your stay here .

Same thing happened to me when resetting settings .
    You have to put it in DFU mode and restore and unlock and jailbreak again

open itunes > connect your iphone >press HOME AND POWER and hold them for 10 seconds >after 10 seconds RELEASE POWER AND KEEP HOLDING HOME

itunes should , if not repeat , recognize it
    restore and unlock and jailbreak again

good luck
    Thank you very much for the welcome and reply.
    My major problem in this, is that the computer will not recognize that the phone is even connected- the usb port or the iphone im not really sure what one is having the issue. Thank you for any further help

Thanks

I could suggest checking you sync cable .If you dont have extra one buy it at walmart $19.99 ,you can always return it .
    Or try uninstalling itunes and downloading and installing it again.Or see if other computer will recognize it .

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaMagic View Post
    I could suggest checking you sync cable .If you dont have extra one buy it at walmart $19.99 ,you can always return it .
    Or try uninstalling itunes and downloading and installing it again.Or see if other computer will recognize it .
    i think you may be right because i connected my itouch to the same usb cable, and same thing- computer charges the device, but no recognition. i'll try a new cable- thanks

Welcome to the wonderful world of Iphones!

Now, are you connecting to the same usb port each time? If so try others on the computer if you have them. This has happened to me before. Like, on my laptop, one of my four ports wont recognize the iphone or ipod series, but it will charge them. Where as if I just switch ports then im ok. Hope this can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Iphones!

Now, are you connecting to the same usb port each time? If so try others on the computer if you have them. This has happened to me before. Like, on my laptop, one of my four ports wont recognize the iphone or ipod series, but it will charge them. Where as if I just switch ports then im ok. Hope this can help.

So, if i do get a new cable- and it works- is this pineapple logo problem fixable?

Guys- i really do appreciate your help- so thank you.

If you can get the computer to recognize the phone then yes the pinapple logo is fixable. But i would try all usb ports possible before trying to buy a cable, but thats just cause im to stubborn/lazy to go get a new cable to try(even if i can return it once im done with it).

Default thanks!
    Thank you for all the great advice guys!!!! fixed it, it was the usb cable, and was able to back door the fix.
    thanks again-
    I know you prob. could not sleep over it,
    look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Thanks

glad you fixed it