Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Loads of status bar icons appear for 10 secs when I open some apps, then disappear.

Default Loads of status bar icons appear for 10 secs when I open some apps, then disappear.
    Why?! I can't work it out. If I open some apps, including Facebook, for about 10 seconds lots of stuff appears in my status bar, like the bluetooth icon, a different time, wifi icon etc, then it goes back to normal. I can't think what might be causing this, any ideas? Here are some screenshots to help explain.

Normal:

Crazy:

it probobly has to do with the theme you are using

looks as though the status bar in your theme is actually a screenshot with text/icons already on it?

what theme is it?

I'm using a purple theme I got from cydia and modded/added images to, the status bar image is just a normal image, no screenshots or anything. It does stop doing it when I turn off that theme, do you know which status bar image relates to the one that appears when you launch some applications so I can check it out?

It seems like the file called Default_BG is causing the problem, but it's just a normal (png) image file so I don't know why
    Last edited by purplegem; 2009-02-17 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I know what you saying, but if you browse to the theme, and open up the images on your computer then you will find one of them isn’t just a blank status bar it will have the at&t and 3:27AM on it. When you find it just open it up and edit out the text so it becomes just a plain bar. (If you have several themes installed and ticked in winterboard it isn’t necessarily in the first theme in the list)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

You are right, its from the Default.png of the app you are loading. You can make your own default screen and replace the original if it bother you.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

I figured it out now - it was the default.png file but it didn't have any of the 'at&t' or time images on it. I think it didn't like the image being transparent for some reason. I made it solid and it works fine now