Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MobileSafari suddenly crashing on JB 2.2.1 firmware?!

Default MobileSafari suddenly crashing on JB 2.2.1 firmware?!
    Starting this morning, MobileSafari will open to a blank page, pause for a few seconds, then crash back to Springboard. I've uninstalled a few things I recently added in Cydia, and even tried this trick but with no results.

I've fixed my user dir permissions, emptied my cache and cookies, did a hard reset and a few other things with nothing to show for it.

Has anyone else had this problem with 2.2.1 or am I just a glitch?

UPDATE: FIXED! SEE BELOW!
    Last edited by CalebLyons; 2009-02-17 at 04:34 PM.

Try to turn off/on java script.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dejawoo For This Useful Post:

CalebLyons (2009-02-17)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

creepy,
    the same thing just happend to me,
    and the java on/off didnt work for me

EDIT:
    remove AdBlocker
    that should do the trick
    Last edited by mysteryskater125; 2009-02-14 at 05:47 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mysteryskater125 For This Useful Post:

CalebLyons (2009-02-17)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alek For This Useful Post:

CalebLyons (2009-02-17)

Default Fixed! Thanks guys!
    Uninstalling AdBlock fixed the problem. It's too bad I paid for the registration on it and everything, since it did speed up browsing. I'll make sure to report the bug to the developer.

Thanks to mysteryskater and alek! I wasn't looking forward to spending Valentine's Day rejailbreaking my phone!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i thinks it because the new safari bug fixes in 2.2.1 interfered with adblock, just a theory.
    Last edited by mysteryskater125; 2009-02-17 at 06:39 AM.

its not 2.2.1, it broke my 2.1, i think they figured out that xsellize cracked the app so they turned it off.

Wink Root of the AdBlock problem
    I contacted the maker of AdBlock, Cocoamug, and this is what they had to say:
    sorry for the inconvinience. The problem was that my site was down and AdBlock tries to download this file from it every time it launches http://cocoamug.com/adblock/hash.txt which simply check that your code has been blacklisted.
    My site is back up so the problem is "fixed". I will work on improving the whole startup sequence in MobileSafari today and a release of AdBlock 2.2 will follow probably tomorrow.
    So download the newest build, which showed up this morning for me, and you should be all set!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CalebLyons For This Useful Post:

mysteryskater125 (2009-02-18)

Default Still not Fixed
    Hi,

Same problem, I never installed adblock in the first place, but still facing the same problem. Safari opens with blank page and then closes in 2-3 seconds and I return to home screen. Please help!

Last edited by Squuiid; 2009-05-21 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost