Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: customize sounds for 1.1.13

Default customize sounds for 1.1.13
    hey i wanted to know how can you add customize sounds for 1.1.13 and where can i get good one not from installer. also how can you make your own.

Default Prayers answered
    This is a short cool way on how to make your own....

First make sure your computer is set to show all extensions etc.

Go to i tunes right click the song and click get info go to the options tab and click both start and stop....put in where you want the song to start and where you want it to end....

after that click ok
    find the short file that you made and right click convert to AAC...after conversion delete from i tunes...make sure you go and unclick the start and stop part after....

a prompt should come up asking when you are deleting file if you want to move to recycle bin click yes after sending it to recycle bin cut it from there to desktop....change .m4a file to .m4r file....double click and enjoy............ Cheers

then how can i send it to customize 1.21

Quote Originally Posted by supersexybean View Post
    This is a short cool way on how to make your own....

First make sure your computer is set to show all extensions etc.

Go to i tunes right click the song and click get info go to the options tab and click both start and stop....put in where you want the song to start and where you want it to end....

after that click ok
    find the short file that you made and right click convert to AAC...after conversion delete from i tunes...make sure you go and unclick the start and stop part after....

a prompt should come up asking when you are deleting file if you want to move to recycle bin click yes after sending it to recycle bin cut it from there to desktop....change .m4a file to .m4r file....double click and enjoy............ Cheers
    ummm if you click and drag it out of the recycle bin and empyt the recycle bin doesnt itunes show an error saying cant find orginal file?

this is my way pretty much the same but lil things def

works on my 1.1.3 OTB fully unlock and im using 7.5 and i know 7.6 works as well..

1. Open iTunes

2. Create a folder called iPhone Ringtones

3. Find song that you want to create to a Ringtone

4. Right click song and select GET INFO

5. Go to the OPTIONS tab

6. You will see two boxes one for START and one for STOP check both of those boxes.

7. In START box put where you would want the Ringtone to begin example- 0:01 or 1:25

8. In STOP box put the number that would make the Ringtone 29secs long total example- Start 0:25 End 0:54

9. Once youíve done that and both boxes are checked click OK

10. Now right click song and select Convert to AAC

11. Once thatís done Drag the Converted AAC which should be 29secs long to your iPhone Ringtone folder.

12. Now delete the 29sec AAC song out of iTunes. Donít forget to take the original song and right click go to GET INFO then OPTIONS and uncheck those boxes then ok.

13. Now in your iPhone Ringtone folder it should say example- TNT.m4a if it doesnít click on Tools and go to Folder options then click on the View Tab. Scroll down and uncheck the box that has HIDE EXTENSIONS FOR KNOWN FILE TYPES then click apply. Now it should show the .m4a

14. Right click your audio file and click RENAME change the TNT.m4a to TNT.m4r if a pop up comes up asking if you want to change it and it might not play just click yes. Now it should have a white piece of paper with a CD and music note on it and say ringtone in little letters.

15. Double click the Ringtone and it should automatically show up in iTunes under your ringtones. Now just SYNC and enjoy
    iPhone 8gb- OTB 1.1.3 fully unlocked and everything working great plus mods

iPhone? More like MyPhone louee6's Avatar
    Thanks

Default customize sounds for 1.1.13
    I say you just use Iphoneringtonemaker...Its a whole lot easier than using iTunes for dang sure! And once you make the ringtone you can transfer it right to the phone thru the same program! My suggestion

ive never used iphoneringtonemaker but how is it easier? jw
    iPhone 8gb- OTB 1.1.3 fully unlocked and everything working great plus mods

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

not one answer has applied to the question. this is the procedure for "ringtones" only. all the other sounds in customize are stored in the UI folder in customize. all the system sounds are saved as CAF not M4R. i have searched the entire web and can't find a free wav/mp3/m4r to CAF converter for XP.

suggestions?

convert to a.acc and then rename extension to .CAF , it works fine

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alirz For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (2008-04-19)

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone_Killa View Post
    ummm if you click and drag it out of the recycle bin and empyt the recycle bin doesnt itunes show an error saying cant find orginal file?

this is my way pretty much the same but lil things def

works on my 1.1.3 OTB fully unlock and im using 7.5 and i know 7.6 works as well..

1. Open iTunes

2. Create a folder called iPhone Ringtones

3. Find song that you want to create to a Ringtone

4. Right click song and select GET INFO

5. Go to the OPTIONS tab

6. You will see two boxes one for START and one for STOP check both of those boxes.

7. In START box put where you would want the Ringtone to begin example- 0:01 or 1:25

8. In STOP box put the number that would make the Ringtone 29secs long total example- Start 0:25 End 0:54

9. Once youíve done that and both boxes are checked click OK

10. Now right click song and select Convert to AAC

11. Once thatís done Drag the Converted AAC which should be 29secs long to your iPhone Ringtone folder.

12. Now delete the 29sec AAC song out of iTunes. Donít forget to take the original song and right click go to GET INFO then OPTIONS and uncheck those boxes then ok.

13. Now in your iPhone Ringtone folder it should say example- TNT.m4a if it doesnít click on Tools and go to Folder options then click on the View Tab. Scroll down and uncheck the box that has HIDE EXTENSIONS FOR KNOWN FILE TYPES then click apply. Now it should show the .m4a

14. Right click your audio file and click RENAME change the TNT.m4a to TNT.m4r if a pop up comes up asking if you want to change it and it might not play just click yes. Now it should have a white piece of paper with a CD and music note on it and say ringtone in little letters.

15. Double click the Ringtone and it should automatically show up in iTunes under your ringtones. Now just SYNC and enjoy
    I can only get to the convert to aac. after that, It wont let me drag it into the folder. It wont let it go into the folder... Please help
    Thanks

hey how can I convert an already ringtone m4r back to caf or aiff?