Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone Partition

Default IPhone Partition
    Hey guys,
    I recently jailbroke my iphone to firmwaer 2.2.1 using qwkpwn.
    Now the new quickpwn doesnt give me an option of selecting what size partion i want for my apps, games, themes etc.

So at the moment ive only got the 500mb standard partition, now my prob is i have way to many games, apps etc and only have like 5-10mb left. Is there a way to partition the hardrive without having to restore, and using a firmware that some mac user has made??

im looking to partition it, without having to go dwn the erstore option.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

no you have to rejailbreak but use pwnage next time

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The ONLY jb'ing method with options to increase the root partition is Pwnage (Mac).

thanks for that guys.

Do you know where to get a pwnaged 2.2.1 firmware with 1gig of mem for apps n stuff?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gt4junkie View Post
    thanks for that guys.

Do you know where to get a pwnaged 2.2.1 firmware with 1gig of mem for apps n stuff?
    BTW: A 550-580 root partition is plenty because all apps are stored in the /usr partition (this is the default). For instance, my root is 580 w/80 free AND I have at least 70 AppStore apps, and 40+ Cydia apps. Getting close to running out of springboard space (hahaha) and still have plenty of room in the root partition. Haven't see any posts for 2.2.1 custom fw. Most (many) are skipping 2.2.1. Maybe someone has and will post the link.

Quote Originally Posted by gt4junkie View Post
    Hey guys,
    I recently jailbroke my iphone to firmwaer 2.2.1 using qwkpwn.
    Now the new quickpwn doesnt give me an option of selecting what size partion i want for my apps, games, themes etc.

So at the moment ive only got the 500mb standard partition, now my prob is i have way to many games, apps etc and only have like 5-10mb left. Is there a way to partition the hardrive without having to restore, and using a firmware that some mac user has made??

im looking to partition it, without having to go dwn the erstore option.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
    ok