Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unable to use WiFi

Default Unable to use WiFi
    Hey all can someone please guide me through using Wifi when i do pick up a network and join it and if i try to access a webpage etc for some reason it says that it cannot connect to the source im unable to do anything when im connected to a WiFi hot spot can someone please guide me so that i can access the full capabilities of my iPhone....V 1.1.3 Jailbreaked, Unlocked and Activated....Thanks in advance

You have to pay for Wifi hotspots. That is probally why you are getting that error. If you have Wifi at your house just connect to it and you internet on your phone should work. I hope this helped

The wi-fi hot spots where i come from are unlocked so it's free no need to pay for em...but thanks for the reply though....anyone else???? PLEASE help

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

although they are unlocked most hot spots you have to log into the proper website before your able to access them. Try logging in at home on your own wifi network and see if you are able to do it. If you do not have one, try a friends house. Ill bet that it works.

Even though a network may not be locked, there is a good chance that you are not able to actually use it.

I dont think this is what is wrong but check out http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17094
    it shows you how to downgrade to 1.0.2 to virginizer your phone which would basically fix any wifi issues. But i dont think this is your issue, i think your just not able to access the hotspots because you dont have an account.
    Last edited by kcisjojo; 2008-03-05 at 06:09 AM.

Default thanks
    thanks for the heads up....but im not sure i know what you mean when you say an account....does this mean changing the URL?? part??....or i could be wrong...but even with safari i cant acceess a single thing at all...........HELP......

would someone please help????
    Last edited by supersexybean; 2008-03-05 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Still unable to access Wifi i was able to connect to a unlocked hot spot and all the information for the ip address the DNS the port and everything came up automatically but when i tried to access any page etc it kept on saying cannot connect to host....Version 1.1.3....HELP?????

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

try and reset your network settings...ive had a similar problem and this solved it...and when he says account...sometimes you will have to ask for a card or a log in number for the wifi spot...youll have to go the the website of the wifi spot and log in to use the wifi(you can pick up the wifi no problem, but you cant connect yet)...jus ask an employee of the wifi spot if its needed...if he says no then its probably your network settings i dont see why else it wouldnt work...

tried resetting still not getting on....i think the connection might be poor cause all i see are two bars.....not sure if that means anyting......

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

did you see if you need a card or log in number for the wifi spot?...cuz i can log into applebees and mcdonalds wifi...but cant use it till i get a card from them to log in...

Default No Card Needed
    First off i would like to thank you for all your help and no man i dont need a card thing the wi fi spots are totally free nothing else needed just sit down and connect that's about it.... i raelly want to access those features.....