Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Baseband erased(?) can't even restore need HELP

Default Baseband erased(?) can't even restore need HELP
    I have another thread going but thought I could start a new one to try and get some fresh ideas. If I've pissed anyone off, sorry.

Well my iPhone may be a paper weight. I thought it was impossible to completely software brick an iPhone, but this one looks that way.

The issue is that the iPhone is not responding to firmware upgrades. It is stuck in recovery mode and won't get out. I assume this is cause the baseband is gone so that there is no way tocommunicare with it. However when I've tested ibrickr I do get some response by the screen turning green. Ziphine does nothing to help.

In summary, iPhone is stuck in recovery mode, dfu mode doesn't seem to help at all and supposedly the baseband is erased.

Anybody have any ideas before I use the phone for target practice?

Hi Mark,

Give this a try...
    Need to turn on your speakers so you can hear it.

Leave the phone on

Connect cable to USB wait......until you hear it connects.

Hold HOME and SLEEP until it disconnects then let go of the SLEEP, but continue to hold the HOME until you hear it reconnects.

Your screen should be black... Nothing on it. If you have a logo on the screen then read again and redo it.

Run itunes and restore it with 1.1.4

Done....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to oceanboy For This Useful Post:

markman80 (2008-03-05)

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Hi Mark,

Give this a try...
    Need to turn on your speakers so you can hear it.

Leave the phone on

Connect cable to USB wait......until you hear it connects.

Hold HOME and SLEEP until it disconnects then let go of the SLEEP, but continue to hold the HOME until you hear it reconnects.

Your screen should be black... Nothing on it. If you have a logo on the screen then read again and redo it.

Run itunes and restore it with 1.1.4

Done....
    Quote Originally Posted by markman80 View Post
    In summary, iPhone is stuck in recovery mode, dfu mode doesn't seem to help at all and supposedly the baseband is erased.
    Now to answer your question, try restarting your computer and changing the USB port of your cable and try again. If in iTunes you get a error message would you mind saying which one?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to luckyownz92 For This Useful Post:

markman80 (2008-03-05)

I've tried on a few different computers suing a few different USB ports. I don't get an error message, it just says "Waiting for Iphone" forever.

Thanks for the help but unless someone has something radically different, I think its toast.