Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone power off problems

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iPhone power off problems
    when I try to turn my iPhone 3G off, it stays off for like 5 to 6 minutes but then it turns on all by it self. I have no idea how it happend. I just noticed one day that it would turn back on after I turned it off. I was thinking about restoring, but that's going to be the last thing I try if I can't find any other solution. I'm running jailbroken 2.2.1 if that helps at all.

If its battery issue,you ve to replace it.But if its not;

1-Reboot your device
    2-Open the terminal&type in
    mv /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/mobilewatchdog.bundle/ /
    Make sure you do not forget the last “space” & “/“!
    3- Type in
    reboot
    *The device will reboot.Actually you removed the process that will kill Springboard every 2 minutes.But now you will have another problem:After 10minutes or so a hardware monitoring process will have a check on the running system.Since it will not find the process you just prevented from booting the hardware monitoring process will re-boot the iPhone.
    4- As soon as you see your SpringBoard again you should make sure you copy the removed process starter back to its original position.Or you iPhone will continue to reboot every 10 minutes!So login using root and type:
    mv /mobilewatchdog.bundle /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/
    *Do not wait with this too long as the iPhone should not reboot while this command is running!To be on the safe side you could wait for another reboot,login then as fast as possible (normally roughly a minute after rebooting started) and run the command.