Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Latitude REALLY on track for iPhone?

Default Latitude REALLY on track for iPhone?
    It doesn't seem likely to me that Apple would give Google a "break" and allow them to run a GPS background process to support Latitude (however cool it may be), but apparently with the YouTube video floating around, it might be happening.

Opinions?

I was under the impression that Apple were re-thinking the whole background processes issue. Various things I've read have implied that Apple has almost given up on ever getting Push notifications to work and are now considering allowing third party background processes.

If they were going to let one third party help in this development it would be Google with whom they've always had a special friendship.

Sorry if I confused you; I didn't actually mean as an app running in the background, I meant as a quiet background system process that updated your location to the Internet every minute or so like the G1.

I ain't interested in that it will run in background.Because of more drain battery issue.I think,it has a great feature for us.By this app. you can hide yourself from your wife or gf that who has latitude installed iphone.Just input a location that you want her to think you are in&go! lol...