Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G $490 scam?

Default Iphone 3G $490 scam?
    Is this site a scam:
    Secure Connection - Home

3G officially unlock for $490.
    What is that green dot card and how do they know if I load the money or not.

Sounds to good to be true, especially when you get the iphone first without sending in any payment.

Anybody want to go out and buy a $4.95 card and NOT load it with money and go ahead and order the phone and see what happen?

This guy seems to advertise on every craiglist.

Scam.

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

hahaha i even i could make the scam website look more legit .

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yeah that website was created in like 4 minutes. Be careful on craigslist. I just bought a crapberry for my girl yesterday from some dude. It was legit and I only paid $100 bucks.

Don't do it, he probably scammed a couple of people already.

I think a green dot card is like a prepaid mastercard or visa. I forget which one.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Just google green dot scams and you'll see a ton of them. They probally want the activation code then Bam! it's used before you DON'T get the phone and know somethings up.

We sell Mastercard gift cards the same way and the new scam there is just seperating the glue dots on the top of the package and writing down the card # and the code on the back then pressing the glue dots back to reseal.
    Then they check the ballance every day for an activation, then use it before the consumer who purchased it can.

Any legit seller is going to have a credit card system set up or is going to use PayPal.

Also, the picture at the bottom of the screen is from eBay as they require their sellers who are selling hot items such as these to photograph the items with their name in the picture; this is to prevent fraud and ensure that the seller is indeed in possession of said items. As you can see here, "paidge7" has no iPhones for sale.

Definitely a scam.

EDIT: Wow...read the "Orders" page on that site. Anyone who attempts to buy something via that method isn't the brightest star.
    Last edited by skizo; 2009-02-11 at 08:58 AM.

don't do it

Default Thanks guys
    Thanks for the response guys. I think we are just going to purchase a 3g from apple, activate and keep the phone for 30 days and cancel and pay the EFT fee.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I think you will have to return the phone back. Right guys?
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Off topic and I didn't want to start a new thread. What's the cost to replace an iPhone with an expired warranty?