Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone backups.. how many can you have?

Default iphone backups.. how many can you have?
    Hi guys, I am taking my iphone into the o2 shop in the Uk tomorrow to get it repaired as I have reception issues.
    I did a sync and made a back up, then phoned both o2 and apple support to ask this...

if i do a full restore and set the phone up as a new phone, will it overwrite my backup of my old phone with the new 'temporary' phone.

He said no it'll just get added to the list, however now when I go to my devices tab in itunes preferences i only see my new temp phone, not yesterdays sync.

Have I been given duff information from apple, or can I somehow restore this other backup when i get my phone back from repair?

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

as far as im aware you can have as many backup as you like.

but it makes seperate backups for different devices.. allowing you to sync and backup multiple devices using one itunes account.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

hmm do you know how i would be able to access my old back up in that case? My old phone was called iphone 3g and a backup of it was there before i shift-restored. After doing that and setting up the phone as a new phone called temp all I see in the backups list is one temp back up...?