Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Video wallpaper messes up camera

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Video wallpaper messes up camera
    I just got my iphone yesterday and jailbroked it. Installed a couple of stuff like winterboard, some video camera app and a camera app which claims to take pictures at 4mp from cydia.
    I just went on and on and did not test the application until when I finally did, the default camera failed on me.

When I enter camera mode, the screen is kinda like split into 2. Something like

if the picture is supposed to look like this:
    it ended up looking like this:
    if you could imagine those numbers being a picture vertically.

Sometimes when I enter camera mode it just reboots itself. Other than that the phone is running fine.

I uninstalled the photo app, powered off and turned the phone back on again but the problem is still there.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I restored my phone and reinstalled my jailbrake applications one by one and found the problem. The winterboard video wallpapers was the thing that messed up the camera. Tried using a few like blue plasma and inferno and stuff but they don't seem to like the camera software. Anyone having the same experience?
    Last edited by drunkendori; 2009-02-07 at 08:31 AM. Reason: New stuff

I am having a similar problem. I updated to 2.2.1 and only installed that program ClearCam (that claims to take 4MP pictures, which I was sure couldn't be accurate, but I thought it would improve quality a bit) and now when I take a picture from the default camera app, it shows a white square preview in camera roll, it shows all black when I select it to look at it and when I first open photos, it shows a small preview of the last picture taken....well that preview shows the dang picture, but that's the only time it will show.

The next time I open the camera roll, the white square preview is gone. I set one as a background and that had no effect, just black.

I haven't restored yet, but I did uninstall ClearCam. No resolution yet

When asked what he would say to the columbine killers, Marilyn Manson said, "I would say nothing to them. I would listen to what they have to say, because that's what nobody else did" from the movie Farenheit 9/11

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well what happened was I deleted my video wallpaper and all is good now.