Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wifi is really bad

Default Wifi is really bad
    Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is where to post this, but it has been an issue for a while, and it is getting annoying. My wifi is very bad lately. Whenever it tries to open a webpage, or is accessing something from the internet (i.e. downloading packages on Cydia) the wifi signal progressively gets worse, and then loses connection. I have good wifi signal (I have two computers using wifi, as well as a PS3, and wifi is perfect). So I know it is my iPhone. Is there any fix to this? (I recently upgraded to 2.2.1, and this has been happening even before the upgrade). Help!

Thanks

That happens every so often. I usually find rebooting my router helps. Also you can forget the network on your iphone, reboot and reconnect.

I have done all of what you said, and it is still really bad. I cannot stay connected to my wifi for no longer than a couple seconds, and then drops. But the iPhone tries to connect, but keeps losing signal. I have the first gen iPhone, with 2.2 fw. Please help, this is such an annoying and frustrating problem ><;

i had a touch do that but it is the router

do you have verizon?

when u updated did u use aptbackup?? if so thats what happend to me
    u need to do a format and sync the phone as new, some pplm settings resync by aptbackup or itunes backup
    DFU Restore Mode:

1. Power phone OFF. 2. Hold power + home for 10 seconds. 3. Let go of power and continue to hold home until iTunes finds the phone.

I do not have verizon, and I did reconfigure my router, but I do think my router is faulty, I need to replace it (however, I go through a lot of hotspots, and I does the same thing to those, so it is not my router for this case). I also did not restore and use aptbackup. I am totally lost, am I just SOL?

write all the apps u have on the phone from cydia and appstore on a paper
    save contacts with yahoo or google
    restore and activate the phone as new phone
    thats what i did and it fixed the pplm
    DFU Restore Mode:

1. Power phone OFF. 2. Hold power + home for 10 seconds. 3. Let go of power and continue to hold home until iTunes finds the phone.