Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible adware on cydia?

^Hmmm, I havent had the issue....

But, by that description it sounds like someone is hacking the repos and/or packages, adding their own tags. My guess.

damn that howie mandel...

I liked him better when he was bobby...
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I noticed it after installing the new backgrounder

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I've had the download, install, crash problem; but never a youtube video of...*gulp*... Howie Mendel!!! It seems like when Cydia was updated with a new skin, things started getting buggy. I'm sure future updates will solve our problems; however, it does leave one wondering about you guys' Howie Mendel issues...
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

i wonder what would happen if i watched the video straight through. Everytime it popped up, i closed out of it...

allright i wanted to write this down before i forgot... I went into youtuhes history, and sho' nuff there it was. So i watched it. It was uppedvby bluedonuts06, and its stupid.
    Last edited by boe_dye; 2009-02-07 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

same here

okay this is what ive come up with:

A few days ago my phone crashed and went into recovery mode. I updated to 2.2.1 in recovery, not in update, so ideally it should have wiped out everything and put it back to stock.

I j/b'd it and started the process of rebuilding.

Now this is where it gets odd.

I installed poof, because there are some thing i dont use and really have no reason to keep them on the board.

So i removed contacts, itunes, etc...

This is going from stock.

So out of shear curiosity, i opened up poof, and low and behold, there was font swap!

Now im lost.

I had at one point installed apt backup, but did not reinstall it after my last update.

After jailbreak i had to rehide itunes and contacts...

So here's this conundrum: why did it selectively hide fontswap and installer? And how was that information still in the system if recovery is supposed to clean out the system and go to stock?

AND, where the hell did the howie virus come from, and where has it gone cause i havent changed anything?!?

...My head hurts...

This time i was installing wifi toggle!

I went to install, everything was working, and then cydia sad reloading data, exited out, opened up youtube, and there was howie and buy.com.

It was still the same bluedonut06 guy and the video was up to 1.2 million views!

This time i was installing wifi toggle!

I went to install, everything was working, and then cydia sad reloading data, exited out, opened up youtube, and there was howie and buy.com.

It was still the same bluedonut06 guy and the video was up to 1.2 million views!
    Last edited by boe_dye; 2009-02-08 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

I dunno man, its freaking weird and howie is starting to freak me out, i want him out of my iphone, LMAO. I usually get howie, but I have also gotten some commercial and a car is like driving. I wish I knew what caused it. Also I wonder how that stuff was not removed from your phone? Im gonna restore and then im gonna do the erase all content and settings thing.
    If I helped you dont be afraid to click thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12