Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question Regarding Two Cosmetic Issues...

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Question Regarding Two Cosmetic Issues...
    Ok so i have dust under my screen, a light leak and yesterday i dropped my white 3G on asphalt resulting in a number of nasty scuffs. I am seriously considering doing one of those back swaps but i have a few questions:

1) If i open up my phone will i be able to do some adjusting and fix the light leak?
    2) If i open up the phone will i be able to get the dust out from under my screen?

Thanks. Im going to order a red back and swap it out as soon as i can.
    iLive an iLife

Bernie-Mac.....Where are you getting your parts from? I can seem to find a USA seller of OEM Apple parts. All I can find is China made after-market parts and they are the worst. I cant ever catch a break on those aftermarket parts. I even have an authorized Mac repair shop installing these parts and they said if you can find REAL OEM parts go with them. Aftermarket are the worst....Thanks

Thanks

I am just looking on ebay n stuff for a good deal on a set or whatever, every now and then you will get a good set at a decent price
    iLive an iLife

Yes, you could CAREFULLY wipe the dust off the LCD.

No, the light "leak" is bad pixels on the LCD. They are permanent. At least I am assuming thats what your talking about. If your speaking of around the edges, then you may be able to fix that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Yes, you could CAREFULLY wipe the dust off the LCD.

No, the light "leak" is bad pixels on the LCD. They are permanent. At least I am assuming thats what your talking about. If your speaking of around the edges, then you may be able to fix that.
    Yeah i am talking about a light leak on the side like between the bezel and the screen, im pretty sure its not dead pixels, do you have any tips on getting the dust off the lcd?

Quote Originally Posted by playngod View Post
    Bernie-Mac.....Where are you getting your parts from? I can seem to find a USA seller of OEM Apple parts. All I can find is China made after-market parts and they are the worst. I cant ever catch a break on those aftermarket parts. I even have an authorized Mac repair shop installing these parts and they said if you can find REAL OEM parts go with them. Aftermarket are the worst....Thanks
    Here's a good site too

iPhone 3G/2G Cases
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 2009-02-06 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iLive an iLife