Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wifi dead, please help

Default Wifi dead, please help
    OK so ive got a iphone 3g jailbroken and unlocked with firmware 2.2 on it. About a week ago my wifi no longer connects to any network. It just says unable to connect or just never gets connected. It will see networks, just not connect. Ive done 2 restores and no luck. Apple says they will fix it or send another one but im thinking I will get one with the new firmware and I need to have my phone unlocked. SO does anyone have any suggestions or should I just unload it because I want my wifi to work.

This a common issue.
    *Forget this network&reset your network settings
    *Renew lease
    *If you cannot connect to net with your computer also,reset your router&change your security settings on it.

ive tried that. Ive even gone to public hotspots and it wont connect.

yeah this happens to me too most of the time.
    mine sometimes doesn't even find any available connection.

all I do is use bossprefs to reboot my phone and it works again.

ive rebooted, forgot network setting and even restored and it just wont connect to anything

Thanks

My 3g does the same thing. Usually only connects for about 30 minutes then drops off. When I shut off will-fi and turn it back on it doesn't find my home router anymore. WTF? I cleared cache in safari then toggled the ask before joining network tab then reboot. Now I am fine on wifi with minimal usage for about 6 hours. With me I have a sinking feeling that the amount of data traffic instigates the problem. Don't know why though. I even restored to factory settings and the problem persisted ruling out jailbreak problems.