Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: new gps on i phone

Default new gps on i phone
    ive been a member of a satnav forums for a few years now and check up on news a few times a week...
    i noticed something of interest today the NAVGO I GO MYWAY8 gps software for i phone check this out [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=S5mIyhJ5YJU"]YouTube - iGo8 running on iPhone![/ame]

NavNGo today announced a version of iGO MyWay 8 for the iPhone. It will use an 'upcoming iPhone GPS receiver'. this is surprising news indeed. Currently the iPhone is a closed device that cannot use third part applications unless you JailBreak the device.

Apple are scheduled to launch the SDK which will enable the use of 3rd party apps later this month so news such as this was not expected until after the SDK launch. A demo video is available at YouTube. we will of course post more details as soon as we have them!
    Last edited by westentertainer; 2008-03-04 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone abujala's Avatar
    Thanks

very cool !!

cant wait for the good stuff!!
    2.1 T-mobile
    MAC OSX

Green Apple
    Thanks

they are saying "upcoming iphone gps receiver" like its something you plug into your iphone...they had something like that for my motorola too....i am sure that will be built into the iphone 2 or whatever...funny gps is built into my girlfriends at&t tilt...but that p.o.s. runs on windows mobile 6...its not the best phone i have used lets put it that way
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

awsome!

when is this coming out?
    Last edited by itzadeelio3; 2008-03-04 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yeah cool.. i do not want to think the price for that "upcoming iphone gps receiver"
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

GPS is cool and all but if it is a hardware accessory that I have to connect to my phone then no thanks. They will eventually release an iPhone with GPS built in anyway. I am sure of it LOL.

This is an alpha release. The unit emulated a GPS in the demo, the final product will be more integrated with the iPhone (support for shaking, rotating the phone). GPS at the moment is a wired solution to the bottom of the phone (serial connection).

There is talk of iPhone 2, that may already include a built-in GPS...

Kool. I have been wanting 2 add on a gps device to my 1st version of iphone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

nice , i cant wait ....

so i was right saying that iPhone 2 will have gps