Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any way to copying contacts from the iPhone

Default Any way to copying contacts from the iPhone
    i dont know if this has been discussed before but can any1 help me how to backup (copy) my contacts from the iphone to my PC. this is bcos if ever i decide to change my phone to another brand i will need my contacts to be transferred. syncing with outlook thru itunes does not help bcos that ends up erasing all my contacts on the iphone since i have no contacts in outlook.

before there was an app called iSim which was perfect but after 2.x that app has also gone extinct. so pls if any1 can give me some ideas to copy my contacts it wud be really great. thanx

you should have a yahoo account and they sync there when ever you sync with iTunes

Just go to var/mobile/Library/AddressBook.Copy both databases to desktop...

Or get the "funambol" app for free from the app store and sync them to the web and sync back to any phone later, easy and then you will always be able to get them as long as you have WiFi connection.
    If you want it, get it, no matter the risk, y only live once, and gadgets are replaceable.....
    iMac 2.8GHz i7 12GB Ram, MacBook Pro 13", MacBook Air, Cinema Display 30" iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, ATV2

Thanks

If the contacts are still on your sim you can copy them from within Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars/Import SIM Contacts

You can also SSH the folder /private/var/mobile/Library/AddressBook to your PC

thanx guys. ok after copying var/mobile/Library/AddressBook. is this file accessible/openable from the PC?