Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Categories" app from Cydia opens but launches Safari!!

Default "Categories" app from Cydia opens but launches Safari!!
    Hi and thanks for reading this!

After havig cleaned up my Applications Library in iTunes 8.0.2 for PPC OS X, whenever I launch Categories on my jailbroken 2.2 iPhone 3G, I see for a moment my created folders, and I can even select any of them but, after a few seconds, Safari launches and opens up the following URL:
    http://cydia.thebigboss.org/extra/categories.php
    BTW, the URL just shows and add in the upper left corner. The rest of the screen remains black.

So, it seems a config file of Categories is corrupted. I even updated all of my Cydia-installed appliactions and afterwards I reinstalled Categories, to no avail.

I have to say none of the apps I cleaned up from within iTunes were in any of the folders Categories created. They were all in the main SB screen.

What can I do? Is there any safe way of modifying the (maybe) corrupted config file or of removing Categories without loosing the apps inside folders? I'm a registered iFuntastic user, if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

I forgot to mention I'm still able to access to all of my folders in SB and to the apps they contain.
    Last edited by urcindalo; 2009-02-04 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost