Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White Screen after water damage

Default White Screen after water damage
    Hi everyone!
    ...so I had had my iPhone 2 weeks only before I managed to drop it in water --- Yes, I know, it is not a good idea to want to wash your phone --- Anyway, it was submerged for 2 seconds only, just the length of time the shock took me to react --- I dried it out, following all the instructions I could find anywhere in posts on the net.

This was 5 days ago. My phone has now run out of battery, which I thought would be good for a really hard hard reset. Since the bath, my phone has only showed a variation on the white screen --- either a simple white screen or a flashing one. iTunes does not recognise it when I connect it to a PC. However, I can access the photo folder as my Linux computer recognises it as a camera.

I bought a new phone --- but do you think the dunked one should simply be thrown away? Is there any hope for it? Does anyone know of anyone (I live in Belgium) who might be able to deal with a water-damaged phone?

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

sell it on ebay , you probably could get close to $200 for it .

if your linux computer recognizes it then try formatting it completely and then see if windows recognizes... then from there im not tottaly sure how you would manage to get iTunes to recognize it but the hardware is still that of an iPhone. Also take it apart and dry it out. All electrical appliances are washed before leaving the warehouse so unless you shorted out the mother board it might still have a chance