Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery Dying way to fast

Default Battery Dying way to fast
    Well here it is.

i have a jailbroke 1.1.4.

today i noticed that my phone has been running really warm an the battery dies really fast.

so i rebooted the phone several times.

still the same think. i downloaded UTLCTL to see what was running in the BG. well no luck there because 1.1.4 has new stuff running in there. so i have no idea what to unload.

any suggestions on how to resolve this??

Thanks

Any third party Apps will always show up at the bottom of the UIctl list. Make sure com.openssh.sshd is off (red) when not in use, it's the biggest battery drain. As for me, I've noticed the exact opposite. When I went to 1.1.3, by the time I got to work in the morning it was at about 88%. When I upgraded to 1.1.4, it's still at 100% when I get to work.

I think 1.1.4 fixed some leaks in 1.1.3, programs that were running and shouldn't have been.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Any third party Apps will always show up at the bottom of the UIctl list. Make sure com.openssh.sshd is off (red) when not in use, it's the biggest battery drain. As for me, I've noticed the exact opposite. When I went to 1.1.3, by the time I got to work in the morning it was at about 88%. When I upgraded to 1.1.4, it's still at 100% when I get to work.

I think 1.1.4 fixed some leaks in 1.1.3, programs that were running and shouldn't have been.
    i have EXACT the same problem.. by the time i go to work i have less than 75%.. even just after removing the 3pin off the iphone its 93%.. although this does not happen abroad (UK) where the battery can last up to 1.5 day.. Do u have any clue what may be causing this?
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

here is my list. i will give you the last 8

mobile.lockbot
    mobile.lockdown
    notifyD
    securityD
    syslogd
    tpdate
    ptpd
    mediaserverD

These are all running..
    sould any of these not be running?

Thanks

I never found a cause, which I think might be a reason for the quickly released 1.1.4 fix. I did notice at work that although I never had anything running (mail, safari, etc etc) my phone would continuously connect via EDGE through out the day. I know this because I keep my iPhone by my desk phone, and you know the racket it makes.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire425 View Post
    here is my list. i will give you the last 8

mobile.lockbot
    mobile.lockdown
    notifyD
    securityD
    syslogd
    tpdate
    ptpd
    mediaserverD

These are all running..
    sould any of these not be running?
    Yup, they're all system daemons and should be running. Now if you have anything running under com.apple.mediaserverd, you can turn it off without any adverse effects.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-03-04 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I never found a cause, which I think might be a reason for the quickly released 1.1.4 fix. I did notice at work that although I never had anything running (mail, safari, etc etc) my phone would continuously connect via EDGE through out the day. I know this because I keep my iPhone by my desk phone, and you know the racket it makes.
    thanks for that.. i believe i have the same issue as u do back home.. but is there any way to stop this nonsense? i really want to use my phone back home and this is really a problem as u can understand.. its off in the services.app etc but by constantly trying to connect to EDGE (when there's no EDGE cover anywhere) or GPRS it drains the battery in less than 5hours..

so.. any ideas?

Thanks

Are you still on 1.1.3? The update to 1.1.4 at least fixed my situation. I haven't found any solutions as of yet, but still looking for interest sake.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

stocis (2008-03-04)

yep.. still on 1.1.3.. thanks for the tip though.. i guess i'll try that in the near future

There is no other services running under the mediasrv. So is there something else that could be causing this?

I have been having great battery life since 1.1.4 but have also experienced the same issue that you describe. I found that when I closed the 8 Safari screens I had open, set email to update every hour instead of every 15 minutes and turned off my wi-fi (I wasnt using it) the problem went away. I'm afraid I just had too much running at once.

well i did a hard reboot and then rebooted and then gave it a full charge and it seems to be working ok now.
    but i did do three hard reboots just to be sure.

so far so good. not sure why

Thanks

I found it. SwirlyMMS

swirlyMMS?? what do u mean Eurisko?

I am experiencing terrible life in 1.1.4 as well. Not sure if it was SSH or what, but its definitely worse than it was in 1.1.1 . Don't have too many apps installed but will try some different things.

My phone went from 100% to 2% in 6.5 hours, with less than 1 hour talking, small amount of web browsing, etc.

Thanks

can installing the new version of mobile chat do this as well? After upgradeing to 1.1.4, my batterylife was great and all of a sudden i noticed this morning my battery was almost dead after being fully charged yesterday afternoon. I did not even use the phone and woke it up and was at 20% battery.

I did install a few apps yesterday:

I upgraded to the new Mobile chat. I did log on to see if it was working then logged off rigth away. Never used it.

Installed Boss prefs safari dL switch but didnt even go on Safari

Installed MxTube but did not use that after I charged the phone.

Services running:

com.apple.AddressBook

BTServer
    CommCenter
    DumpPanic
    SCHelper
    SpringBoard
    configd
    crash/reported
    daily
    iapd
    mDNSResponder
    mDNSResponderH...
    mobile.lockbot
    mobile.lockdown
    notifyd
    securityd
    syslogod
    update
    ptpd
    mediaserverd
    (all of the above are preceeded by com.apple)
    com.mexens.navizondaemon

Not sure why the navizon daemon is running- used google maps about 5 days ago.

I had this happen on 1.1.3 and ended up restoring. I dont want to do that again.

Thanks

If Mobilechat is configured to stay active after you quit, then yes it'll drain. Do you have SwirlyMMS installed? It's always active no matter what. Always be wary of programs that ask you to restart the phone after they've been installed. That means they're running something in the background.

I have edge turn off and wifi on all the time and my battery last 2-3 days.