Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!! Can i use another itunes account with my iphone?

Default HELP!! Can i use another itunes account with my iphone?
    My damn lap top fried yesterday and i had my itunes account and backups there and theres no way i can retrieve my info. I dont know when i will get a new computer. My question is, my parents have iphones and they have an itunes account. Can i backup my stuff in their computer without syncing any of their numbers, apps or music? I wana rejailbreak my phone for 2.2.1 since cydia is giving me problems. Thanks!

anyone?

20 views and no one can answer a simple question?
    Last edited by BoostedEvoIX; 2009-02-01 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think you have to sign on their computer with your account. It might retrieve your account info even though its their computer. Give it a try.

Thanks
    Yes and No. Yes you can connect to iTunes and it will recongnize your phone and save your contact info but I dont think it will save any apps since it iTunes is register under your parents name and not yours.

Yeah, you can authorize their itunes account to your name, and it will retrieve your stuff. But then it will delete theirs. Only 1 account per itunes at a time.

However, you MAY be able to create your own login to their computer (completely different user) and then authorize itunes under your login.

Never tried it....but in theory it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Yeah, you can authorize their itunes account to your name, and it will retrieve your stuff. But then it will delete theirs. Only 1 account per itunes at a time.

However, you MAY be able to create your own login to their computer (completely different user) and then authorize itunes under your login.

Never tried it....but in theory it would work.
    so what if i log out their account and log in to mine? Can i still back up my stuff without messing with theirs?

What cpjr said will work perfect. While logged in under their name go into users in control panel and create a new user and login. Then, log out and log back in under your new user. You will now have your own settings in itunes.

I have three users set up on mine just for this purpose. Normal login is synced to my iphone, my nano is synced to another user (c_nano) and my wifes nano is synced to another one (k_nano). All use the same library of songs which is out on the server.

Hope this helps.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to caddog For This Useful Post:

BoostedEvoIX (2009-02-02)

Quote Originally Posted by caddog View Post
    What cpjr said will work perfect. While logged in under their name go into users in control panel and create a new user and login. Then, log out and log back in under your new user. You will now have your own settings in itunes.

I have three users set up on mine just for this purpose. Normal login is synced to my iphone, my nano is synced to another user (c_nano) and my wifes nano is synced to another one (k_nano). All use the same library of songs which is out on the server.

Hope this helps.
    Can i use my current user name i had in my lap top to log in? thanks
    Last edited by BoostedEvoIX; 2009-02-02 at 04:54 PM.