Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No sound at all from the Phone

Default No sound at all from the Phone
    I have a 2g iphone jailbroken hacked all works. Its works well easily done via the directions from the great DEV team.My problem is that I have no sound from my phone. When calling the person they here me fine. I cant here that at all. Once I place the called party on speaker it works fine once they are removed from speaker. Back to no sound. PLEASEEEEEEEEEE HELPPPPPPP Im on firm ware 2.2.1. On a T-Mobile.

47 views an no answer. PLEASE someone here has to know how to correct the problem. PLEASE help Boo Hoo
    Last edited by playngod; 2009-02-02 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try this.Just call someone with your headset plugged in the iPhone.Then slowly take the headset out of your iPhone OR try inserting and pulling out the earphone jack a couple of times...

Thanks

The other trick is to try toggleing the silent switch on the side of the iphone . In the past on the very few occasions I have experienced this volume issue this and the headphone plug trick always worked. This morning I had a silent iPhone after a week overseas and playing the ipod in airplane mode for 6 hours on the trip home. On a hunch i went into the ipod menu and low and behold the volume slider was all the way on silent despite the fact that using the buttons on the side of the phone to put it on full volume. I slid the volume slider in ipod up and my sound came back for other features as well.

I found out what the problem was. I had an aftermarket back placed on it.It was messing up the ribbon on the inside. The tech had to fabricate something so it would work.Damn cheaply made aftermarket crap...its tough to find real craftsmanship anywhere today.Especially aftermarket. ARGH!!!!