Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dead Pixels

Default Dead Pixels
    I just noticed I have a couple dead pixels, so I'm planning to bring my phone in for a check up. Currently I'm using a jailbroken 2.2, should I just do a complete restore before I bring it in?

Thanks

Yes restore it. If you don't they won't service it
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You will also need to have an AT&T service plan. If you don't, they(Apple) won't even touch it. I had a similar problem, where I needed a new digitizer, took it to Apple, and they informed me that I would have to have an AT&T plan on it. Well I have T-Mobile, and was not about to switch over, so I bought a new iPhone, and said to hell with them.

What does the AT&T have to do with APPLE'S product warranty? My gf took her phone into the apple store and it had no sim inside and she just got a new one right there.

To the OP restore it.

just rub the stuck pixel with ur thumb

Since I have a first gen, and Apple's stopped production, they wouldn't replace it with a 2nd Gen, would they?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Don't they have an application in Cydia that supposedly fixes the dead pixels?
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Quote Originally Posted by gQstatus05 View Post
    Don't they have an application in Cydia that supposedly fixes the dead pixels?
    Pixel Checker (available in Cydia) claims to check your damaged pixels and try to fix them.
    Haven't used it myself though.

Well, thanks guys. for future reference, just restore it. If it's under warranty, they'll replace it, no questions asked.

btw, none of the pixel "fixers" worked for me.