Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to turn off the ringer???

Default how to turn off the ringer???
    I tried googling this and searching in this forum for help, but it seems like nobody has this problem?! I doubt it.

Really, I just want to know if there is a way to turn the ringer off completely. I know of the switch on the side of course, but it keeps getting bumped to the on position in the worst times (class, mostly). Even if I turn the ringer down all the way, it is still loud as hell in a quiet classroom. I want something so that even if the ringer switch gets bumped to on in my pocket, there will be no sound for a ringer.

I have the 3g and jailbroke it. I guess I could SSH into the phone and put a "Silent" ringtone in there, but I was hoping there was a setting somewhere on the iphone itself that I've been overlooking.

Thanks in advance.

^Nada, you would have to create a "silent" ringtone.

Or be more careful of your phone. I dont think Ive ever bumped the switch on/off.

Thanks

Get a case / pouch. Or the better solution; put it away and just stop messing about with it in class
    To live, you have to lie

i like the silent ringtone idea cpjr. always coming up with like the most simple solutions ever. turning the ringtone all the way down is enough for me. i actually wish mine were louder. hahaha
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.