Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Keep Screen on when Powered

Default Keep Screen on when Powered
    One feature I really liked about my WM device was the fact I could have different power settings for when it was on battery or power.

Currently on my iPhone as far as I can see you can only set the timeout of the screen once i.e. 5 minutes.

Is there any sort of App that changes this such that when its powered via USB the screen stays powered on. This would mean that i could keept the phone docked at work and see a list of all my up-coming appointments on the lock screen (via the intelliScreen app)

i'd also like this, havent seen anything though. different brighness settings would be nice too (like pda's and laptops have)

Set 'Auto-Lock to never...

Quote Originally Posted by dejawoo View Post
    Set 'Auto-Lock to never...
    I'll try and make it even more obvious what I am looknig for.

• When on USB/Mains power screen backlight stays on - I want the 5 minutes lock to continue as thats where the appointments are listed in IntelliScreen

• When on battery power it uses the normal power settings i.e. turns off backlights & locks after X minutes.

If you change power settings,it will be same for all situtions.

thus me asking if anyone knows of an app which will do what I want

No, there is no way to do this.

Still amazing to me that there is no app for this. Seems like something so simple. Any laptop vie ever had has these settings. Why not the iPad and iPhone.

D