Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring 1.1.1 and updating to 1.1.4

Default Restoring 1.1.1 and updating to 1.1.4
    Hello, I have been having problems with my 1.1.1 jailbroken iPhone. i can no longer install 3rd party applications because when installer finishes downloading the app it just goes back to the starting screen, so I think i should restore it with out losing the ability to use it with a different carrier than AT&T.

So I would appreciate if someone will help me on how to do it and maybe even upgrade to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4

Thanks!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone nhba74's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Could it be that you just ran out of space?
    Hi,

First off, are you sure you just didn't run out of space? Have you used BossTool to partition/move your files so you have more space for apps?

Sounds more like a space issue then a phone issue.

Secondly, did you unlock the phone to be able to use with your carriers or are you with AT&T?

Third, I updated my 1.1.1 the other night.....now running 1.1.3. There are more compatible apps with 1.1.3 then 1.1.4. So, keep that in mind.

Fourth, if you do update, I suggest you download the firmware file and "restore" instead of update.....that way, you can use ZiPhone to Jailbreak, Unlock, & Activate your iPhone.

Hope this helped.
    Don't be shy, it's ok to hit that THANKS button.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nhba74 For This Useful Post:

isaacpr (2008-03-04)

hi pal
    i hope am not yet too late to help, i had a 1.1.1 now am on 1.1.4 vey thing working well and am not an AT&T client. just visit this site and follow the instructions, just incase first download 1.1.4 ipsw and then restore by pressing shift+restore, then select the 1.1.4 ipsw file, then rest follows as instructed. www.iclarified.com, upgrade to 1.1.4 using ziphone+installer.

thanx for the tip, but tell me something, are there 2 separate memory spaces for applications and for music??