Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bought a bricked Iphone thinking I was smart, now I need HELP

Default Bought a bricked Iphone thinking I was smart, now I need HELP
    Bought a bricked Iphone off craigslist thinking I was smart. Now I'm not so sure.

The iphone is currently at the restore screen. I have tried to restore using Itunes but nothing happens. Just says waiting for Iphone.

I have tried to restore through Ziphone but it just runs and teh output log just read wait 4'00".

Tried using Ibricker but I just get the green screen them I'm back to square one with Itunes.

Anybody have any suggestions?

try to run ibrickr 0.91 then click downgrade to firmware 1.0.2... when your iphone goes on dfu mode...white screen... then restore to any firmware you want twice

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wilinphilly For This Useful Post:

markman80 (2008-03-04)

Twice? What do you mean by twice? Restore it two times even if the first fails?

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

yes thats what he means
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I would use Ziphone to put the iphone in recovery and then try to restore, until it finally boots and if that doesn't work try dfu mode with Ziphone, what does the iphone show on the screen?

All I have is teh connect to itunes. I have tried DFU and shift+restore to 1.1.3 and 1.1.1 and all I get is "waiting for iphone". Could I be super screwed?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I wouldn't say that too soon, I would do a hard reset (sleep/wake and home key) then try to restore in dfu and see what it does, Two of buddies thought they bricked their phones this week but were able to restore after a few tries

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Realdad1014 For This Useful Post:

markman80 (2008-03-04)

Still having tons of trouble. I have tried putting it in DFU and restoring it to no avail and I have tried with Ziphone. The problem continues to be that on itunes it says "waiting for iphone" or in Ziphone in the output log it says "Please wait 4'00" and nothing happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently upgraded a 1.0.2 phone -> 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2...I assumed I bricked the phone because I got the same "waiting for itunes" thing. But I actually waited and the phone worked fine...lol. 1.0.2 -> DFU Restore -> 1.1.1-> DFU Restore -> 1.1.2. Phone works fine now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Maknificent For This Useful Post:

markman80 (2008-03-04)

So you just waited a while on the "waiting for Iphone" in Itunes to go away? and it worked? About how long did you wait?

Anyone have any help? I'm getting desperate here

Last edited by markman80; 2008-03-04 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

i have 2 suggestions
    1-run Ziphone and select normal mode
    2-is run Ziphone and select DO IT ALL
    The first and the second helped me,GOOD LUCK!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

markman80 (2008-03-04)

Quote Originally Posted by markman80 View Post
    So you just waited a while on the "waiting for Iphone" in Itunes to go away? and it worked? About how long did you wait?

Anyone have any help? I'm getting desperate here

dont give up in ibrickr it worked for me on a friends phone. Close ITunes and the helper in task manager and use a different USB socket. put the phone in restore mode and try to boot in iBricker, if that fails try restore to 1.0.2 assuming you dont have 1.1.2> OTB

Also consider clicking the thanks button a few times for people helping, you will be suprised that people are more likely to help...........

if the phone is 1.1.2> OTB then perserver with ZiPhone, and make sure you have the latest iTunes when you try to restore to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4
    Last edited by ericidle; 2008-03-04 at 07:51 PM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

markman80 (2008-03-04), swpelchat (2008-03-24)

Sorry about not thanking anyone, here goes and I'm just gonna keep trying, thanks everyone

19. The Following User Says Thank You to markman80 For This Useful Post:

swpelchat (2008-03-24)

I'd Say Go With The iBrickr Route

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to iCity11 For This Useful Post:

swpelchat (2008-03-24)

Nothing is working. I gave it to a guy that supposedly knows more about this stuff than I do and he told me that the baseline (baseband?) had been wiped and he could not run any commands in the Iphone.

I assume this is why Ibricker and Ziphone don't seem to be working, even in DFU. But Ibricker does recognize it and change the screen green so there is some activity. Any geniuses out there that can give me a fix?

Thanks

Try with a fresh iTunes folder. This is what I mean- yo will not lose all your media if you do this right.

Go to your documents/music/iTunes folder on your PC. RENAME it to iTunes-old or whatever- anything EXCEPT iTunes.

Reboot your PC

Get the iPhone in DFU mode and now try the restore in iTunes again. If you have already downloaded the firmware you might want to try downloading it again. My first attempt at upgrading to 1.1.4 repeatedly uwas unable to even begin because my original download was somehow corrupted. Worked great the second time I downloaded it.

After you get your firmware loaded, use ziphone to do what you want.

other than this I at a loss of what to tell you.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

swpelchat (2008-03-24)

Try restoring with iTunes to 1.1.1 TWICE.
    After that, use iBrickr to kick it out of DFU mode (should show a green screen and restart).

Then upgrade to 1.1.4 and use ziphone.

Good luck! Guess you got it cheap?

I am suffering from the same problem buddy... Dont worry ur not the only one...[]
    I have tried restoring to all the firmwares, used ibrickr, Independence, name something i have'nt tried....
    Still it comes back to the connect to itunes logo whenever i restart it...
    and its always in restore mode....

Thanks everyone. asghar1987 if you figured it, please let me know. I'll do the same.

Marksman80

Hi Buddy another small helping hand from me, check www.iclarified.com there is a new package out to re write your bootloader and jailbreak called iPlus , it recomends restoring to 1.1.4 and I know you can't do that, but it just might revive your iphone enough to get somewere
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

29. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

markman80 (2008-03-06)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast