Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Answer calls with Home button ???

Default Answer calls with Home button ???
    This is my first post, I just want to say that this is the greatest iPhone forum. I am a new iPhone owner and this place has all the answers and more!!

I have spent the last 2 hours trying to find an answer to my question though with no luck.

I just got the iSkin Revo case for my iPhone, I highly recommend it, its a very slick case, the best one I have seen yet!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...vonighthaw.jpg

The case has a plastic cover on the front which protects the iPhone screen. The problem is I cannot figure out a way to answer my phone without having to take the plastic front off than having to slide the bar on the bottom of the screen to answer the call.

This is starting to get very annoying and dangerous, it is something I do not want to be fumbling around with while I am driving and get a phone call.

I need a way to be able to answer an incoming call by just pressing the home button, or any other button on the iPhone instead of trying to remove the plastic shield from the case every time I get a call.

I hope this is not a totally retarded question, I read somewhere that the accelerometer in the phone should be able to tell that your lifting the phone to your ear when a call is coming in and should auto answer the call, this does not work for me..

If anybody can point me in the right direction for setting up my home button to answer incoming calls I will greatly appreciate it!

TIA!

lifting the phone to your ear when a call is coming in and should auto answer the call, but it doesnt work for u as the light sensor is covered by the skin..

what i'd suggest is trying the iphonehome.app that helps u customize the home button
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stocis For This Useful Post:

jm12345 (2008-03-04), kaman (2008-03-25)

If I install this iPhoneHome.app, what program do I point it to that will allow the phone to answer calls while its in locked mode?

stocis,

thanks for that, I never knew you could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by rounz View Post
    If I install this iPhoneHome.app, what program do I point it to that will allow the phone to answer calls while its in locked mode?
    i have no idea on what u're trying to say here.. pls clarify

@jm12345: no probs buddy glad i helped

Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
    lifting the phone to your ear when a call is coming in and should auto answer the call, but it doesnt work for u as the light sensor is covered by the skin..

what i'd suggest is trying the iphonehome.app that helps u customize the home button
    This feature exist???

are any way to allow this option??

please clarify

TIA

ok I may be wrong again but i'm guessing ur phone is not jailbreaked ?

ok I may be wrong again but i'm guessing ur phone is not jailbreaked ?
    yup, it is

well then.. can u find iPhoneHome.app through installer and try it out.. ?

Ok, with iphonehome is ok

i mean the other feature

"lifting the phone to your ear when a call is coming in and should auto answer the call"

lifting the phone to your ear when a call is coming in and should auto answer the call, but it doesnt work for u as the light sensor is covered by ur skin..

when i try to install iphonehome.app it says "iPhonehome requires firmware 1.1.[12].

I have 1.1.3 installed, does this mean there is no way i can answer my phone with the home button??

ouch....

lifting the phone to your ear when a call is coming in and should auto answer the call, but it doesnt work for u as the light sensor is covered by ur skin..
    i don't have any skin, just plain iphone

this feature no seem to work , and this is a first time i hear about that

you have any documentation about this feature or is an app.?

these are rounz's words not mine hehe

these are rounz's words not mine hehe
    OK

i didnt know the iphone had auto answer when you hold it up to your ear..?

I finally got iphonehome.app running on my phone.
    This does not solve the problem.

I need a way to be able to jsut push the home button while the screen is in lock mode that will answer an incoming phoen call. The iphonehome.app does nto respond when the phone is in auto lock mode (the screen that says "slide to unlock") no app that you set up in iphonehome will launch when the iphone is on the locked screen.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you all for your input

bad choice of skin.. maybe someone could make an app for u just for that but i have no knowledge of any other app available that can do as such

20. The Following User Says Thank You to stocis For This Useful Post:

rounz (2008-03-06)

Its such a good case for the phone though, in my opinion it provides the best protection of the screen. Something I definitely need.

Not only does it provide the best protection, I think its one of the best looking cases available for it as well.

I guess its time to post my concerns in the "request an application" section.

Thanks for all your help

Green Apple
    Thanks

Your best bet is to invest in a Bluetooth headset for the car. Its safer than holding the phone to your ear anyhow. I never remove my phone from my pocket while in the car.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Wastegate13 For This Useful Post:

rounz (2008-03-07)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast