Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone with Sidekick plan?

Default Iphone with Sidekick plan?
    Hi i currently have a sidekick 3 with the sidekick data plan, i was wondering if i unlocked my iphone and put in in t-mobile sim card, will i have all my features, such as Unlimited text, Unlimited internet, etc?

thanks ahead of time!

Quote Originally Posted by explicitxazian View Post
    Hi i currently have a sidekick 3 with the sidekick data plan, i was wondering if i unlocked my iphone and put in in t-mobile sim card, will i have all my features, such as Unlimited text, Unlimited internet, etc?

thanks ahead of time!
    Yes and No.
    The way the Sidekick's data works is it goes through the Danger's Servers. The iPhone won't be able to do that. You'll be able to use WiFi obviously, but absolutely no data through the Tmobile network. Text messages SHOULD work.

Arrow Are You sure?
    I was looking all over the net and this is the only place where one person addressed the same question I had. In any case, I think it is possible to still have internet because the APN connection for a sidekick is hiptop.voicestream.com. Since I technically signed up for an unlimited data plan, all I have to do is change the APN on the iPhone to internet2.voicestream.com. A Data plan is a Data plan under T-Mobile right? Unless they keep track of the IP addresses then I could be wrong. I hope not! Cause this is what I'm planning on doing. I've attached my SIM card on a non sidekick device but it was still a T-Mobile phone and the internet worked just fine, its not like they restrict me to exclusively get data only from the hiptop/Danger servers. I think the hiptop servers are only there as a way to filter the device specific platform. I would love to hear someone who have tried this successfully.

I tried it with wap.voicestream.com and internet2.voicestream.com and it won't work on iphone. Kept saying cannot find edge and I'm not activated to edge. I hope someone out there can find a way to get sidekick plan on it.

I couldn't get it to work on the sidekick plan either but I can confirm that it works on the BlackBerry plan ( which costs $10 more). Configure the apn as mentioned above.

does anyone know the cheapest phone & plan the iphone will work with? internet and functionality.

Any updates?

have a hiptop unlimited data in toronto canada. getting my phone tomorrow.

fingers crossed!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default unlocked IPhone MUST use Tmobile Total Internet Add-on
    Hey all I just wanted to mention if you are wanting to use tmobile's internet...you have to select the tmobile total internet add on plan for $19.99. You cannot use the $19.99
    Hot-Spot plan because that's just for use at starbucks, borders etc.

APN is
    internet2.voicestream.com

Everything will work!! i'm on tmobile completely unlocked now! w00t

i have two co-workers that had a sidekick and is now using an unlocked iphone. they're both still using the sidekick plan to work on her iphone. they're using the settings APN: hiptop.tmobile.com or hiptop.t-mobile.com User: none Password: none