Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes doesn't sync all photos

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iTunes doesn't sync all photos
    Hi everyone,

first post though...

In the first place I'd like to thank you all for this great forum, which already helped me a thousand times.

Now, this is (almost) the first time I could not resolve a problem, although I performed search (even on google). And so I'd like to adress myself to the community.

I have the following problem when syncing my photos:

iTunes does not sync all selcted photos.
    I get the following message at the end of sync:
    "Some of your fotos, including "IMG......JPG" has not been copied to the iphone "...", because they cannot be displayed on your iphone.
    (translation from german - may not be exactly the same as in english itunes)

I wanted to sync some photos I took on my digital photo cam. I selected the folder, where the photos are located. However itunes didn't sync all of the photos in the folder and ended with the above message.

I can't tell why some photos are syncronized and some are not. As far as I could tell it's not depending on resolution or size, as some big ones (1.037k) are synced but smaller ones (880k) with same resolution and same name (except one digit) are not.

My system:
    iphone 8GB 1.1.3 (upgraded from 1.1.2 otb) unlocked & jailbreaked
    Windows Vista Business
    iTunes 7.6.1.9

Could Anybody help, please?
    Thank you!

I suspect windows is permitting a non-jpeg file to be called a jpeg. Itunes doesn't permit that.
    windows is notorious for this!
    try to re-create a picture in photoshop or whatever you use and save is and make sure it's really jpg, not just called jpg.
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hmm. I took all the photos with my digi cam and didn't change anything on them. just copied to my pc from the cam. Some itunes likes some not. But they have all been made with the same camera at the same settings...

thats why i hate itunes and their cartman way of sayin "whatever dude! You can't tell me what to do! I can do what i want!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    nobody's got a solution or even a hint?!

Thanks

Hello,

I had the same problem at one time. If you go to your photo folder on your PC, delete the file called iPod Photo Cache. Then sync the photos again. That fixed it for me.

Hope this helps.

Mark

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mbrando45 For This Useful Post:

the 1 (2008-09-13)