Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Edge?

Default Edge?
    This is a very silly question.

I have an unlocked iphone with firmware 1.1.4. Currently on orange network. Window XP system. Everytime when I tried to log onto safari, youtube, etc...this message kept appearing, "Could not activate EDGE: You are not subscribed to EDGE."

Do i need to sign up with a network and subscribe to EDGE? Is O2 the only network in UK that subscribe to EDGE? I asked many salespeople at O2 and Orange. None of them were able to give me a consistent answer.

Many many thanks if someone can help me.

ck

Is it a UK phone that you have?

Hi

Did you get an answer to your question as I have the same problem. Just got the phone and unlocked it etc and I cannot also connect to EDGE.

Any answers would really help thanks.

Sounds like you need to activate a data plan with your cellular provider. Having an account with O2 or Orange doesn't mean the internet will work. Its separate. Just call them and sign up for the appropriate data plan. Ask them for the correct APN settings and enter that into the phone. Settings > General > Networks > EDGE.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

yep thats all u gotta do..what sura said..just call em up and activate an edge data plan

just be careful as what plan u go on. checked my bill this mrng it 55 already i have had my phone now for 10 days only.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

Make sure you choose an unlimited data plan so you don't have any surprises on your bill.
    Don't forget to get the APN details from your provider and set them on your iPhone.
    Be patient, EDGE is slow...