Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.4 is breaking my iphone

Default 1.1.4 is breaking my iphone
    Hi all, I just put 1.1.4 on my iphone the other day and downloaded loads of stuff, including summerboard and MobileChat. Then my phone started crashing. So I restored it and unlocked it again via ZiPhone, and now when I try to download MobileChat it says Package Download Failed! Also same with BSD Subsystem. Can anyone tell me what;s going on?
    Last edited by Chantecleer; 2008-03-02 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

When you click to install a program, click on "Clear Queue" first and then try installing again. Should fix your problem.
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

had the same sort of issue with another prog. Try refreshing your source for the installer apps.

That worked for me.

p.s. clearing the q did nothing for me

Thanks everyone, i finally downloaded everything, but now my phone wont stop crashing!

Quote Originally Posted by Chantecleer View Post
    Thanks everyone, i finally downloaded everything, but now my phone wont stop crashing!
    Describe your problem more in depth and we could help..
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

well i just restored to 1.1.4 via itunes, then jailbroke with ziphone. then i downloaded BSD Subsystem, MobileChat, and IM fix for 1.1.3. And if i use my phone for 20 minutes continuously, it crashes! Btw this happened even before i restored it.

Im having the exact same problem!!!

I restored to 1.1.4 freshly (didnt back up settings) and unlocked/jailbroke/activted etc using ZiPhone.

After i installed SwirlyMMS 0.3.1 and rebooted, the phone froze whenever i turned it on...could not even use it..

I had to restore (yet again) to 1.1.4 and activate etc using iNdependence this time as i thought it might be a zIphone problem.... But i still had the same problem!!!

What could be the problem? Its happened with a few apps now.. Summerbord, LEDBanner and now this new SwirlyMMS... Ive had to restore each time i installed some apps...

Could it be a permissions error or something? Its really irritating cos every app i try to install just freezes my iPhone and i have to restore all the time...

Only a few such as pianist, bossprefs, bosstool have worked without crashing my iPhone... i really dunno what the problem is

Put your phone is restore, than update it it .4
    Once unlock, don't restore, start it as a new phone.

I just believe you are install way to much apps, as you may have said "loads of stuff".

ive done exactly that..i didnt backup my settings i did a complete restore from scratch...

secondly i never said "loads of apps" and i have no apps on my phone... i said as soon as i try to download one of the mentioned apps it crashes....

have no idea why its doing this and its really irritating..i cant install anything on my phone except bosstool and bossprefs without it crashing my phone and causing me to restore (im too scared to try other apps)

by loads of apps he meant me, and also I just gave up and I'll downgrade to 1.1.1. Hopefully everything will work fine on it, but I heard 1.1.4 has better signal (and I think that's correct).

Default crash
    I dont know if this will help but try Boss tools and add more disk space to your phone first move fonts 2nd ringtone and that should give you space of 109 mb after all is done and you have installed other apps go back to boss tools and move apps. That helped me out. I know that 1.1.4 takes alot of space. I hope that works

thanks, but i have a 16 gig =p

Im pretty sure the partitions on the 8 and 16 GB are the same right?

Quote Originally Posted by kizmet1313 View Post
    I dont know if this will help but try Boss tools and add more disk space to your phone first move fonts 2nd ringtone and that should give you space of 109 mb after all is done and you have installed other apps go back to boss tools and move apps. That helped me out. I know that 1.1.4 takes alot of space. I hope that works
    tried that - but i dont have a partition space problem anyways...didnt work

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I had similar issues on 1.1.4 everytime i installed Summerboard. As soon as i restarted the phone first of all my AUDIO would go...couldnt listen to music, nor hear anyone on the phone nor any ringtones. Had to restore my phone like 3 times until i realised it was Summerboard which was causing these issues. The other really annoying thing was that the reaction time of apps (even just to look at General settings)_ was like waiting for godot...seemed like never ending. And when i would lock it, it would crash regularly. I really miss my custom themes but will wait until other people confirmed that updates to CUSTOMIZE and SUMMERBOARD work on 1.1.4.
    Won't Apple release a new firmware anyway along with the SDK pack?

just install the new sources pack refresh sources then install bsd subsystem and it will work.

Go to Settings....General...Reset....Reset All settings for the Audio issues