Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Things you don't like about your iPhone

All of the things everyone else listed are things that need fixed or updated but here is one that I didn't see anyone mention, it almost makes me want to return the phone but I am just hoping they make this "feature" optional in the future instead of totally disregarding my privacy.

PLEASE APPLE GIVE US THE OPTION TO TURN OFF THE $@##$@% SMS PREVIEW!!!!!!!!!

Myself as well as many people I know use texting to carry on PRIVATE conversations but with the iphone, it lets the world know when you recieve a new text messege. Not only does it say who the messege is from, it even displays the messege on the screen for everyone to see without even picking up the phone. Garbage.

I got burned on day one when someone asked to see my phone and I gave it to them, sure enough I get a text while it's in there hands and it was a text from a certain someone that would just die if they knew someone else read it. I have to turn my phone face down now on my desk at work for fear of receiving a special messege and someone just walking by and reading what it is and who it's from without even picking up the phone.

Thats what I HATE about the phone,

I just registered and this is a cool site btw

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Yah thats a lame feature. I don't want my buddies reading my wife's messages to me. Pshaw. But THEY want to read them. Ha. They LOVE my new iPhone.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Here is my exhostive list so far....

Here is my exhostive list so far....

Here is my exstensive list so far....

1) no bluetooth sync
    2) no voice recognition
    3) no custom ringtones....yet
    4) no apps (web apps are nice rejgular aps are nicer)
    5) no landscape mode for email
    6) no differenciating email send settings for wi-fi vs edge.
    7) no profiles
    8) no taks list sync
    9) no video capture
    10) no Multi-media Messaging (MMS)

Even still the phone rocks the jock!!
    Last edited by schmidtbb; 2007-07-25 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

whoa, heard of spell check? lol. but yeah i agree with most of what ya put up there.

My gripes:

Mail:

* I can't select just a subset of my many folders to have on the phone. My Blackberry could do that.
    * IMAP sub-folders are not automatically checked for new messages - you have to click on the folder before it will check. This is a real pain for those of us who use server-side filtering. Thunderbird can do this.
    * I can't mark all messages as read.
    * I can't select multiple, or all, messages for deletion.
    * It won't automatically check for new messages more often than every 15 minutes. Makes holding real-time email discussions cumbersome. One minute between checks would be useful.
    * Can't use keyboard in landscape mode.
    * No BCC:
    * No Reply-To:
    * No per-account signature - only a global one that may not be appropriate for all accounts.

To-Do:

* Doesn't sync from my Mac.

Wireless:

* It wouldn't connect to my wpa/wpa2 network until I removed the period from my PSK (that everything *else* in the house was perfectly happy with).

Safari:

* No Java
    * No Flash
    * Can't sync bookmarks from Firefox
    * Frequently crashes.

General:

* No cut, copy and paste

Hardware/Google Maps:

* No real GPS ability. I have an external bluetooth GPS receiver that I use with TomTom softwarre on my Palm T3. If someone could write an app for the iPhone, like the TomTom software, so it could use the external receiver, the phone could have true GPS functionality. That would be awesome.

Misc.:

* The system froze up on my once, and had to be reset to recover. I haven't been able to repeat it however.
    * No MMS
    * No IM capability

Sounds:

* What frigging part of "SILENT" don't they understand? I went to a play a few days ago and switched the phone to silent via the side switch. In the middle of the play, my 9:00 PM alarm to remind me to take my medication went off at full volume, disturbing everyone in the theater and almost disrupting the play. I was horrified, embarrassed and very, very pissed. I checked the manual when I got home and apparently silent means "almost silent" as alarms are allowed to sound, in silent mode, by design. Assholes.

Speakerphone:

* Everyone I talk to on it begs me to take them off of speakerphone, because they hear an echo of themselves about 3 seconds after they say anything. It's horrible.

-ste
    Last edited by sterickson; 2007-07-30 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Added more stuff I don't like.

you know what i REALLY would like and im sure is probably very easy for them, but frankly probably impossible for us to mod.

wireless bluetooth music streaming.............

that day will be epic.

a guy can dream cant he?

Thanks

Can't do bluetooth, but have you seen Seeqpod? from the iPhone?

Browse to it from our iPhone app. Its in the Media category.

wow that is a cool app, ill add that to my bookmarks.

No custom ring tones what the hell is up with that?

I hate the fact that anytime I put someone on speaker phone they are telling me they hear an echo what the hell is up with that ?
    Last edited by Nishua; 2007-07-30 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Haven't heard any echos, and we have the ringtones thing sorted.

Anyone has any issue with the google map messing up?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So no one else would like for the contacts birthday to show up in the calendar and would like for it to be able to alert you of that certain person's birthday?

I figured there would be at least one or two more people that fell the same as I do...

- Typing.
    I am a fast typer on a PC, and on qwerty keypads. And on the iphone i feel like i am learning how to type all over again. 1 fingering it !

- Call volume
    Both in call and speaker phone sucks. But with the earphones on its ALOT better.

- Smudgy screen
    I find my self whipping my screen every time i use my phone.
    I might get a screen protector which should help with this a little and also protect it.

Thats about it,

I MUST have very LOUD ringtone.What do I do?
    Why isn't the keyboard turnig to horizontal position when TEXTING/SMSing.
    Why cant I empty email garbage at once.
    Why is voice mail quality so horrible.
    why can't I download picks from internet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoryman View Post
    I MUST have very LOUD ringtone.What do I do?
    Why isn't the keyboard turnig to horizontal position when TEXTING/SMSing.
    Why cant I empty email garbage at once.
    Why is voice mail quality so horrible.
    why can't I download picks from internet.
    thats what im sayin

I take 10 pictures. I want to email them to someone. I have to send 10 emails. No way to send multiple attachments?

EDGE STREAMING VIDEO - the worst quality ever, i cant read any subtitles and it looks like crap. you don't even know whats happening if your streaming through EDGE!!!
    I WOULD LIKE THIS TO BE FIXED ASAP!!

Frist off i am douting the holly software update that everyones counting on there isnt real facts about apple ever really telling us that its coming out for the iphone because I really don't think apple has eney problems with the iphone unless it's bug they cant stand those. But things I cant stand are the following.
    1. copy/past
    2. No flash in Browser
    3. Ringtones ??why
    4. No real 3rd party apps thats a given
    5. No f@$kin 3rd party apps
    6. Edge netwrok
    7. Mail
    8. Locked Phone
    9. 2meg Camera is slow and doesnt record video...
    10. And finally the fact that they chose At&t for service and might I add as we all very well all for sure know that it's only At&t which has the fewist droped calls wow thats ten things That I dont like about the apple iphone. Say what you must about my comment keep it clean but also note that I still own and love my iphone with all my heart........sorry That mabe me cry a little.......... injoy =) Macisbetter
    Last edited by Macisbetter; 2007-08-31 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Uh dropped out of school =)
    Cheers mate!

I didn't read all the posts but here it goes.

1) Not being able to copy/paste
    2) Not being able to view majority of programs with iPhone sideways
    3) Not being able to comment on youtube videos
    4) Not being able to record video
    5) No battery percentage meter
    I hate windows..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Adding to the list:

No battery percentage meter
    No way to turn off graphics on websites (would make load time faster over EDGE)
    No way to get to contacts from the home screen (not that going into Phone is too difficult)
    No home icon to get to a home page or bookmarks on the Browser; you exit and return to the last page you viewed
    No ability to change the alert tones for SMS, Email, and Voice mail - I like having different sounds for each and even creating a ring tone for each
    <--- I'm new so don't hit me just yet.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast