Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Things you don't like about your iPhone

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Nice. I've had a ton of those HTCish phones... I like my iPhone's UI and overall look better.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Personally, I think copy, paste and just general text highlighting capabilities are critically missing.

The ability to add widgets directly to the home screen. Mobile devices are the perfect platform for "widgets" (i.e. getting quick and easy access directly to the online info you need). The "stocks" and "weather" 'applications' are basically widgets. It would be great if we could customize the home screen with the user's choice of these quick and simple widgets instead of having to go to Safari and then go to some site manually before we can click through to the widget we want. The site "appleopolis" brings us one step close in being able to create a home page with the widgets you use. But there's no reason that Apple couldn't let us customize the home screen like this directly.

Green Apple
    Thanks

PF, that's why I never use GMail on a mobile phone, and when I did, I told it to just send me new msgs (not copy all the msgs over) with POP.

It's just too annoying receiving every single msg in my mailbox (not just the stuff that's in the Inbox and unarchived) and sent msgs as well.

not to mention i get a lot of spam, and gmail's spam filters are lame.

I think this is a great thread.. I was feeling a deep urge to buy an iPhone even though I just got a BB Pearl last week, but after reading this thread I have more resolve than ever to wait until they fix those probs.

Honestly, no copy/paste is a joke.

Default Iphone I cant believe they left this off!!
    1. voice dial outgoing while on bluetooth. - I thought bluetooth was so you dont have to fumble with phone. DARN!
    2. No camera adjustments. LIKE- exposure control. or zoom. It is what you see is what you get. And no video..
    3. Only one photo attachment per email. You cant attach 2 or 3 pics to a email. you have to send different emails.
    4. IMPORTANT!! If you get an email with (word or excel attachment) YOu can read it well.. but go into an area that there is no service after that.. and it isnt stored on phone, It has to download everytime from mail service. Sucks if you are in an area that service isnt good.

I HOPE APPLE FIXES SOME OF THESE. THEY ARE VERY BASIC AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THE EXPENSIVE PHONE DIDN'T HAVE THE BASICS.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Thanks

The number one reason I'm keeping my iPhone is - most of these things can easily be fixed by firmware updates.

Number one reaseon I'm keeping my iPhone is, I would be lost without it.

Number one reason I'm keeping my iPhone is that it is just too damn cool to live without :P

Quote Originally Posted by switchman1000 View Post
    1. voice dial outgoing while on bluetooth. - I thought bluetooth was so you dont have to fumble with phone. DARN!
    2. No camera adjustments. LIKE- exposure control. or zoom. It is what you see is what you get. And no video..
    3. Only one photo attachment per email. You cant attach 2 or 3 pics to a email. you have to send different emails.
    4. IMPORTANT!! If you get an email with (word or excel attachment) YOu can read it well.. but go into an area that there is no service after that.. and it isnt stored on phone, It has to download everytime from mail service. Sucks if you are in an area that service isnt good.

I HOPE APPLE FIXES SOME OF THESE. THEY ARE VERY BASIC AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THE EXPENSIVE PHONE DIDN'T HAVE THE BASICS.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

while i agree with a lot of the things you said here, i have to completely disagree with one #2.

i own a digital slr and use it for pictures that i want to be of decent quality. i did not buy an iphone to take "good" pictures. yes it is a phone and has a camera, it's great for just snapping those "oh i wish i had a picture of this" moments, and you have to accept it for that reason. if you are looking for a phone to take "good" pictures, you're looking for the wrong kind of phone and should be asking yourself why you don't own a digi-slr, or an elph or something. i've always had camera phones, and they have served their purpose, and it was to take pictures of those cheesy moments when someone is acting completely dumb and you need to throw it back at them later, or some neat gadget you wish you had a pic of.

same here...it is a known issue for gmail. I created a new yahoo account and forward my gmails to that (temp fix).

Green Apple
    Thanks

Oh these will no doubtedly be fixed. Question is when will it be fixed, and will they require you to buy a whole new iPhone to fix it.

I have had notorious problems with Macbook Pros overheating so bad it fried the machine, and Apple has replaced two of my 15" MBP's. I was lucky enough that each time it was within the 14 day trial period in which I could return the product, and that it coincided with the re-release of the 17" Macbook Pro which solved those problems, and I had to talk to the manager for them to let me pay them $300 more so I could get the 17" instead of another broken 15".

Well, so far so good on my 15" MacBookPro.

A couple of iPhone dev 'suggestions':

1) Birthdays don't seem to show up ANYWHERE other than the detail view of the contact list in the phone menu - there should be a way to turn them on just like in iCal
    2) Attachments for which the iPhone has NO support (i.e. Word Perfect docs, Wave files, etc.) should have the option of NOT being d/l'd with your mail... maybe an attachment type checklist like Palm has had in VersaMail for like 6 years!

Okay, this is really weird... now the birthdays ARE showing up as full-day events on the iPhone calendar. Not sure what happened the other day?
    Last edited by editwizard; 2007-07-13 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No capability to send SMS text messages to multiple recipients. It's frustrating to have to send the same message 20 times. That's so basic. You can't even cut and paste it... or forward it... you have to re-type each time. If that's not fixed on the first update (along with cut/paste/copy features), it might be enough to have me switch back to my old phone until they get it together.

Right off the bat actually this is iTunes, but Apple of all people should embrace the fact that there are places for me to synch contacts from OTHER than Outlook and Windows mail. And I do NOT use Internet Explorer....

Let me add, iTunes is *NOT* like Moto Phone Tools. There needs to be a way to type all my contacts info in on the computer and then transfer/sync it to the phone. I really don't what to have to use Outlook to do that, there needs to be a simple, easy to use section in iTunes that looks like the contacts section of the phone. Or simply recognize Mozilla.

What?? Huh??? I missed three calls???? But the music wasn't THAT loud! Give me an i730 loud ringer please...
    Last edited by WindsorFox; 2007-07-21 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    1. Found this strange...you can add birthdays to your contacts but the birthdays dont seem to show up in the calendar?!?

2. would like the weather icon to show the temp from the first weather page from the widget.

3. customizable tones for text, email...

that is all I can think of right now...

Angry Seriously...no drag and drop...WTF?
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Every SENT message in my Gmail is showing up in my inbox.
    I was annoyed by this also. Try the following which worked for me:

"Settings" > "Mail" > your account > "Advanced" > "Use Recent Mode" OFF and then just push the home button.

Just one of my many gripes:
    *NO DRAG AND DROP!

Why can't I just "drag and drop" music and videos from iTunes to my iPhone? I have to use "Sync" which I really, really...really hate. I thought the iPhone was supposed to have full iPod capabilities.

Why can I "drag and drop" on my iPod and not my iPhone?

Thanks

Ah nice... disregard my PM, that trick DID work! Beautiful...

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Every SENT message in my Gmail is showing up in my inbox.
    yea i noticed that too..bastards. any idea why it does that?

Thanks

The fix he listed a couple posts before mine should work for you!

Quote Originally Posted by THX7168 View Post
    I was annoyed by this also. Try the following which worked for me:

"Settings" > "Mail" > your account > "Advanced" > "Use Recent Mode" OFF and then just push the home button.
    Okay, when I click the "Settings" link in the upper right, it starts out on the "General" tab. There is nothing on the page of the General tab that says "Mail" and there is no tab labeled "Mail". So, where are you finding that "Mail" header" I see a tab called "Accounts" but there is no "Mail" or "Your Account". There is a "Google Account Settings" but that is to reset your password or access other Google stuff. Why is it it seems *my* view is different from the norm? Geeze...

Edit Ooookay, I'm an idiot. I went to the Gmail's help and read and what it said made it occur to me I needed to be in the iPhons settings instead of the Gmail settings. Duh...
    Last edited by WindsorFox; 2007-07-24 at 04:37 PM.

Cool Problem Solver
    Glad I could help. Hopefully you guys can hit that little "Thank" button on my post.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to THX7168 For This Useful Post:

Design'r (2007-11-06)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast