Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: getting a iphone/question

Thanks

Default getting a iphone/question
    hi..im looking to get a 16gb iphone tomorrow and i want to ask a few questions before i buy because i want to unlock it to use my t-mobile sim card and see if fits my needs..

1.when i buy it and unlock it and dont activate it with ATT and theres like a defect like a dead pixel if i return it back will they ask for my ATT accont..im buying this from ATT store by the way..apple store are sold out 16gb..

2.with t-mobile simcard will maps/wheather/youtube/safari..work with the t-mobile.. or thoes only work with wifi?

3.so this method is best for me since i will mostly have a 1.1.3 firmware on it..http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Unl...eak_113_iPhone
    just do the first step right then just pop my t-moblie sim card or i have to do step 2 aswell

4.can i restore this like if i want to apply for a ATT account like if i just got it new?

thanks

1.when i buy it and unlock it and dont activate it with ATT and theres like a defect like a dead pixel if i return it back will they ask for my ATT accont..im buying this from ATT store by the way..apple store are sold out 16gb..

2.with t-mobile simcard will maps/wheather/youtube/safari..work with the t-mobile.. or thoes only work with wifi?

3.so this method is best for me since i will mostly have a 1.1.3 firmware on it..http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...eak_113_iPhone
    just do the first step right then just pop my t-moblie sim card or i have to do step 2 aswell

4.can i restore this like if i want to apply for a ATT account like if i just got it new?
    1. Should be fine, if they sell it to you without an account, you should be fine to do a return with in their return exchange guidleines, without an account
    2. Should work, even without wifi
    3. Start at the begining
    4. Should be able to do a full restore

Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rw5579 For This Useful Post:

pacmac (2008-03-01)

Thanks

If you buy the phone at at&t, they're going to want to add the iphone data plan there before you leave. They're not going to sell you one like the Apple store.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9&dateline=1181485574

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ColsTiger For This Useful Post:

pacmac (2008-03-01)

Thanks

can i just say its a gift..so they wont add the data plan when i buy from ATT or they do add the data plan anyways..

thnaks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post
    can i just say its a gift..so they wont add the data plan when i buy from ATT or they do add the data plan anyways..

thnaks
    Tell them its for your parents or brothers birthday or something, and that they will activate it through iTunes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

pacmac (2008-03-01)

Thanks

cant i called them they said nope i have to go to apple store..but they dont have 16gb at store ...