Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Break my iphone on purpose

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Break my iphone on purpose
    How can i make my iphone get stuck on the apple logo? haha i know this sounds stupid but im going to claim my warrenty before its up i have already called them and told them that when i was updating to 1.1.4 that after the update took place that it is now stuck on the apple screen and wont boot they said that they have set up an appointment at the apple store down the street and that they will replace it if they cant get it working... how can i get this thing to freeze and make it unrepairable by apple techs haha... it is not unlocked and is only jailbroken...

install the app that takes screen shots it send the iPhone into one hell of a boot loop especially on 1.1.3 & 1.1.4

or you could plug into an ipod dock on many of the ipod speaker thing and fry the hell out of it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

lol i don tthink you can do such a thing...

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

haha well i was thinking about starting an update to 1.1.4 then unpluging it from the computer haha....

even if you do unplug it and then take it in, they will just restore it back to 1.1.4. Good luck with trying this as you will just get your same phone back.

and what is wrong with your iphone?? You know even with a replacement iphone the 1yr warranty ends from your ORIGINAL PURCHASE DATE! Why be stupid and screw up something that works fine so you can get a new one with no wear and tear????

my boy did this once. He opened the phone, fried the batt, then went to restore it and mid way, pulled the cable out, that ended up killing it for sure.

Thanks

I hope you screw the phone up, Apple notice the screw up is your own fault, and offer you a nice new iphone at the bargain price of $399.

Seriously, it's people like you that make warranty claims harder for legitimate users.
    And if you don't think you can have an iphone for 12 months without screwing it up then maybe the iphone isn't for you
    To live, you have to lie

thats all real risky business, why fry a phone that can be fixed and risk apple not replacing it.

Have you tried the advanced features tab in ZiPhone to boot the phone into normal mode, if that fails use good old iBrickr, yes it can still be used for booting phones stuck at during booting, it detects the phone and when you click to boot if the phone screen turns red dont worry its working and your iphone will boot allowing you to uninstall by whatever means works for you the app that caused the problem
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

I remember someone on Hackint0sh had something wrong with his phone, but instead of being hassled, he threw it in the microwave for 8 seconds flat, and it was go to go to the Apple Store!