Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dropped phone: Mic. doesn't work/Warranty?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Dropped phone: Mic. doesn't work/Warranty?
    I recently dropped my phone, oddly enough on my foot, never hit the floor, landed on my shoe. It's been in an Agent 18 since day one. Long story short, when I received a call after the drop, the people could no longer hear me on the other end. After several calls, I tried my headset, works fine, people can hear me now. I really don't want to use the headset forever though.

Anyone have any idea if downgrading will do anything? I'm pretty certain it's hardware related but might try it anyway.

Main question: Anyone know how to go about trying to get it covered under warranty? I can't tell Apple that the Mic. isn't working because according to them its not activated, therefore I'm not using it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Anyone know the hardware side of it? could the connection slip? I know in blackberries the mic is just a tabbed connection versus soldered.

iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

Try going into setting and Resetting all settings and let it reboot.

It fixed my speaker once.

Well if your speaker just stopped working, like you tell them you were playing a song and it just slowly died through the song, they might take it back, but if they see any damage whatsoever on the phone, it will be determined YOUR fault, and they will not take it back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

appreciate your guys replies, but it was actually the Microphone thats not working. People can't hear me talking. Its hard to tell Apple that people can't hear me talking when tech. I don't have a cellular plan in their minds.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anything?

Home Button just stopped working. i downgraded to 1.1.1 to see if anything was due to firmware. No change. People say they can hear me ever so slightly, if I hold the phone a certain way and speak directly into the Mic, but if i put it on speaker phone they hear straight up static. The speaker is also messed up, sounds like crap, BUT, there is absolutely no physical damage on the outside. It was in an Agent 18 when it was dropped, and is still scratchless.

I've heard you can purposefully fail the credit check with a fake SS # and activate the phone using a Prepaid plan, if so, can I do this and Use this Number to activate it, and then call up apple and get this taken care of? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone know any reputable places to get the phone repaired? I'd be willing to pay to get it repaired also, as long as it wasn't crazy expensive.
    Last edited by euology101; 2008-03-03 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

??

Had a very similar issue. The Apple store exchanged it with no questions (outside of AT&T phone number and brief explanation of the problem).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenghisPhlip View Post
    Had a very similar issue. The Apple store exchanged it with no questions (outside of AT&T phone number and brief explanation of the problem).
    Yeah, I don't think they will give me any problems if I can furnish an ATT phone number. Anyone know if the Prepaid thing still works??

I really dislike how apples website says "Warranty is not dependent on activation." Liars.