Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Needs Restoring

Question 1.1.3 Needs Restoring
    Dear All,
    I am on Rogers and I had an OTB 1.1.1 which was jailbroken and unlocked and updated to 1.1.2 and jailbroken again and unlocked again and then eventually upgraded to 1.1.3 and jailbroken and unlocked again (all through this site..Thank you very much).
    The problem is that today while on a call, my Iphone crashed and required me to connect to Itunes and Itunes tells me that my phone needs to be restored and it is in boot recovery mode.
    Would someone be kind enough to guide me to the thread relevant to me? I am afraid on trying anything myself and want to follow step by step instructions on restoring this phone back to its original settings and then upgrading it back to 1.1.3 fully jailbroken and unlocked so that I can use it with Rogers. I can only hope that my 270 contacts and several appointments have not been deleted!

Someone please reply. I am desperate to get this solved urgently.

Thanks.

Aadil

Banned
    Thanks

downrade to 1.1.1...jailbreak and unlock and then sync with iTunes....that will get u back to normal again.search for it in the searchbar

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fat x nub For This Useful Post:

aadil (2008-02-29)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

open independence while iphone i plugged it.. give it a min or two it should boot up..
    If i helped hit Thanks!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to julianqm2 For This Useful Post:

aadil (2008-02-29)

Its too late. I restored to 1.1.1 but it gave me error 1015 so I restored to 1.1.3 and now I have no idea how to jailbreak it or unlock it!!!

Banned
    Thanks

when it gives u error 1015 that means u did it right but need to boot out of recovery mode with wintaller/ibricker/independance/ i think ziphone does it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fat x nub For This Useful Post:

aadil (2008-02-29)

OK I need professional help for the Iphone now!
    After getting error 1015, I had restored it to 1.1.3 even though my phone was 1.1.1 OTB. Anyway, after reading the next post I used Ibrickr which tried to downgrade it to 1.0.2 but IBrickr said that if it takes more than 10 minutes, to restart the phone which is what I did because it took about 15 minutes. Anyway, I ran Ibrickr again and it gave me two options: Your phone is in recovery mode: Either reboot or either try to restore to 1.0.2 so I chose the option reboot.
    Now the problem is that my phone keeps loading so many command lines, then restarts, then loads command lines, then restarts, etc infinately. Neither Ibrikr, nor Itunes or the power buttons are responding?

Default try this
    This happened to me the problem with all the command lines... Just put phone in recovery mode, restore to the version u had since the beginning. Then run ziphone 2.4 and chose Jailbreak/activate and Unlock. You should be back up and running... Mine did... no more black screen with millions of white commands.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Yetti12 For This Useful Post:

aadil (2008-02-29)

I am glad you understand what I am talking about. Anyway I have Windows XP and the download link for ziphone 2.4 for windows takes me to a different forum page. Do you have the software you can directly e-mail me or give me a link to (on rapid share or something). It seems this ziphone software is the magic word today!

well i just went to ziphone.org (zibri's blog)... but i did save the zip file on my pc. I am also using windows XP/Vista

Ok so Ziphone recovered my phone and installed 1.1.3 jailbroken and unlocked for me (Thanks!!!) but now I am having trouble setting up mail as it just freezes when configuring IMAP. Also, in installed, any time I try to install a package, I get the error message: "Error: Main script execution failed!""
    Any help on sorting out these two issues?

Thank you.