Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Strange Process with 1.1.4

Default Strange Process with 1.1.4
    Well I wanted a fresh start when I jailbroke 1.1.4, so I did a quick restore. I overwrote my address book database with my old one, and everything was great. Then I noticed that my phone was running soooo slow, and it would crash and restart. So I restored again and after all the hard work of installing apps, once again it did it. But I have System Info installed on the iPhone, so I went to see what was using all the CPU.

There was a process called: AppleABDoctor (Apple Address book doctor) and it was using all the CPU.
    I wonder if that's new, maybe in preparation for the launch of the SDK. I think maybe it keeps apps from messing up the contacts DB. So I deleted the addressbook file and it went away right away. Strange, huh?
    Thanks,
    Matt

las time i saw a "doctor"proces was when i accidentally deleted my addressbook database and restored it with ssh (i deleted it with ssh trying to delete a friends one).

i forgot to put the correct permisions, so my phone couldnt use it, and i had a appeABdoctor or similar proces (the ABdoctor was part of the name :P ), and the phone was super slow, until i applied the permisions.

Thanks, that's probably what it is.

That's exactly what I did, so it must not be new. I'll try fixing the permissions, I really want my contacts back
    Thanks,
    Matt