Okay, so my computer is apparently having a problem. I've had an iphone with itunes since November. It went on the fritz the other day so I was told by an apple rep to uninstall itunes and install the newest version. This didn't work so I had to go to the apple store, and they gave me a brand new iphone. Soooo, now when I plug this new iphone into itunes (v. 7.6.1.9) it doesn't even show up in itunes. However, I do get a message in itunes saying "An iPhone has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPhone, then try again." What gives? This is a brand new phone that they activated at the apple store. ALSO, when I plug it into a friends itunes (older version) it shows up with no problems. Is it some bug with the newest version of itunes possibly? Any suggestions? My other question is, in itunes under Edit > Preferences > Syncing I see that I have an iphone backup. I realllllly need to get to this because it has all of my contacts, etc in it. Where can I find this file on my actual computer, so that I can move it over to a friends to use if I can't get my itunes to work? I really don't want to putting my iphone into recovery mode, restoring, etc...thats what got me into trouble in the first place with my old phone.
Thanks,
Robert