Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Carrier Menu

Default Carrier Menu
    First let me explain my situation, i am an AT&T customer with a valid sim, and jailbroken 1.1.3 iphone. i live on the Canadian border. once in a while such as when i'm in the basement of a building i will lose service and for some reason pick up a Canadian tower. unfortunately i will be stuck on the tower until either the phone randomly decides to switch back or i put enough distance between myself and the border to lose the Canadian signal.
    going in and out of airplane mode and rebooting the phone make no difference.

i know there is a menu for carrier selection that sometimes appears under the settings app.
    is there anyway to make it appear all the time so i can switch back to AT&T towers?

(I've had this same issue with almost every phone, except an unlocked rizr off e-bay which had a carrier selection menu.)

Pretty simple:
    1) Go into airplane mode.
    2) Go to home screen, reboot.
    3) When you rebooted tap on Safari, and when it asks you about airplane mode, tap disable.
    4) Go directly into your settings app, and find the carrier menu.
    5) Wait until you get service, then tap into the menu. If you get an error your first try just tap it again, this is normal.
    6) Instead of "Automatic", which is the default selection, select the first instance of "AT&T".
    7) Exit out of the carrier menu and reboot.

That's all you need to do! Now you won't connect to Canadian networks just AT&T.