Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possibly bricked here, can manage to get into DFU mode..but that's it HELP!

Default Possibly bricked here, can manage to get into DFU mode..but that's it HELP!
    Hey guys. No one replied to my last thread, but I still desperately need help.

My iPhone, which I believe was 1.1.2 OTB, week 46, is kind of dead. I tried the full procedure with ZiPhone, then after it ran, for some reason I thought that it didn't work, so I tried iBrickr, which hung when it was trying to free the phone, so I restarted the phone and closed iBrickr. From there, it starts up with the Apple logo, scrolls through code, and repeats. I did the restore button thing, but iTunes thinks it's an iPod and it says it can't be restored, error 1.

I've been trying to find applications to fix it, iPhuc shows up with it in DFU mode, but I don't know how to restore.

Anyone please!

You are not in the correct mode if iTunes shows up with Error (1).

Simply hold Sleep/Wake button and Home for 10 seconds EXACTLY. When the screen goes black remove your finger from the Sleep/Wake button but still holding the home button.

Go into iTunes hold down option or shift when it detects your phone is in recovery mode select 1.1.3 firmware and then run ZiPhone.

Hope this helps.

DeanCorp

I've carefully tried the button holding procedure, but now iTunes still thinks it's an iPod and says it can't be restored, check and make sure you have the right version of iTunes.

Anyone else? Please.

are you in DFU mode with your iphone screen completely turned off (black)? If this is not so and displays the itunes logo and cable, then you are in recovery mode, not DFU.

Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by _detox View Post
    I've carefully tried the button holding procedure, but now iTunes still thinks it's an iPod and says it can't be restored, check and make sure you have the right version of iTunes.

Anyone else? Please.
    if you need a step by step help, i could try and help you. if you have skype or msn, i'll walk you through the proceedure there.

let me know if you are interested.
    Last edited by moontan; 2008-02-29 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost