Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My friend gave me his broken iPhone...

Default My friend gave me his broken iPhone...
    I have my own that is running 1.1.3 and working just fine. A friend of mine though (no clue what he did to it) gave me his busted iPhone. He said it wasnt submerged or anything and that it just stopped working one day. You can't turn it on or nothing! I tried to plug it in and charge it and that doesnt work either. I was hoping that I could get it working so I could have two!!

Anyone seen any problem like this? is it hopeless?

hey its free right take the thing apart and look inside it... has to be a reason for it to not to work... and even doing recovery mode it doesnt turn on?
    iPhone 8gb- OTB 1.1.3 fully unlocked and everything working great plus mods

My bet would be a dead battery. It could be shorted and that could explain why it won't take a charge and won't turn on.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If you don't want it or want to take it apart send it to me.

I would love to take one of those apart (won't do it to mine since it is the only one I have)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

take it apart... but carfullyy.. i tooke mine appart and airbrushed my case..... it was so cool.. but the screws are F****ing tiny.. so you need a #00 size phillips screw driver and a butter knife
    If i helped hit Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by julianqm2 View Post
    take it apart... but carfullyy.. i tooke mine appart and airbrushed my case..... it was so cool.. but the screws are F****ing tiny.. so you need a #00 size phillips screw driver and a butter knife
    you got pictures of that airbrushing?