Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: replacement iphone upgraded to 1.1.3-ZiUnlocked...cant use Locate me, or Find me

Default replacement iphone upgraded to 1.1.3-ZiUnlocked...cant use Locate me, or Find me
    by a miraculous act of god, I just got my iphone replaced about a week ago, and it came with 1.1.2 ...and I thought I really hit the jackpot, because it seemed unlocked already...but it wouldn't let me sync unless I activated it.

Anyway, I used the nifty and super easy Zi app...and it did the trick.

but I cant use the "My current location" feature in google maps, nor can I use "Locate Me" app.

I press the Locate me button, it shows the splash screen and then goes back to the main Iphone screen.

Any ideas?

Any would be appreciated.

L8r sk8rs

umm if it came with 1.1.2 it should be BL4.6 so why not just install 1.1.3 and use ZiPhone to unlock it all again.. it works for me and im running on a new 1.1.3OTB using ZiPhone..
    iPhone 8gb- OTB 1.1.3 fully unlocked and everything working great plus mods

Wait, if you have 1.1.2, then of course you cant use the LocateMe feature. An easy solution would just be to upgrade to 1.1.3 through iTunes, then run ZiPhone 2.4...

Quote Originally Posted by theKYKid View Post
    by a miraculous act of god, I just got my iphone replaced about a week ago, and it came with 1.1.2 ...and I thought I really hit the jackpot, because it seemed unlocked already...but it wouldn't let me sync unless I activated it.

Anyway, I used the nifty and super easy Zi app...and it did the trick.

but I cant use the "My current location" feature in google maps, nor can I use "Locate Me" app.

I press the Locate me button, it shows the splash screen and then goes back to the main Iphone screen.

Any ideas?

Any would be appreciated.

L8r sk8rs
    OK so your post states you upgraded to 1.1.3, what you should try is to restore to 1.1.3 that way you will wipe out any bad stuff done previously, then with one click ZiPhone will get you activated, jailbroken and unlocked with working locate me feature, assuming your are in a good signal area served by more than one mast. I've found the locate me feature does not work in some rural areas with poor coverage.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Thanks guys!

I'm either going to try to Restore to 1.1.3 or just go for the new upgrade

I;ll keep you all posted