Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Can u update cracked app store apps through appstore?

  1. #21
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,824
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Someone should post a sign on the front door(ie...during registration to the site) that this sort of convo is prohibited.

  2. #22
    Check above your post Epsilon....I responded but it glitched and my post is actually above yours.

  3. #23
    i like to call it post scrambling

    lets not get into this please... kthnx

    until there is an official court hearing it doesnt matter, and what the hell do we care? we are going to do it anyways. as for cracking it is not allowed here because of ethics more than legality

  4. #24
    ^Im not saying it couldnt be copyright infringement.

    BUT, until it goes through the proper legal battles.....its not "legally illegal" if that makes sense.

    So, Apple saying its illegal doesnt make it....and for that reason we cant actually "get in trouble" for doing it.

    The reason we are the way we are with anything cracked/pirated/warez (which really is by law illegal) is because this site MMi has been in more than one legal battle with Apple all ready and it costs $$$$

  5. #25
    ^Im not saying it couldnt be copyright infringement. I agree.

    BUT, until it goes through the proper legal battles.....its not "legally illegal" if that makes sense.

    So, Apple saying its illegal doesnt make it....and for that reason we cant actually "get in trouble" for doing it.

    The reason we are the way we are with anything cracked/pirated/warez (which really is by law illegal) is because this site MMi has been in more than one legal battle with Apple all ready and it costs $$$$

  6. #26
    ^^^ in case you havent noticed we dont distribute modified versions of apples firmware, we simply provide the tools to modify it. what the user chooses to do afterwords is out of our hands

  7. #27
    WHAT THE ****

    cash fix this ****

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Someone should post a sign on the front door(ie...during registration to the site) that this sort of convo is prohibited.
    Thanks, but it is mostly just a continuation of a side discussion, so I hope my post does not infringe on the rules.

    In response, Cpjr, do you really believe that the jailbreaking is immune to copyright infringement? It is distributing modified firmware that is copyrighted by Apple and by jailbreaking it is infringing upon Apple's intellectual property.

    Do not take this the wrong way. I support jailbreaking and am simply letting you know so that you do not make another similar statement without knowing the facts.

  9. #29
    I understand the legal talk, and I heard about the lawsuit. I hope nothing like that happens again.

    Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    ^^^ in case you havent noticed we dont distribute modified versions of apples firmware, we simply provide the tools to modify it. what the user chooses to do afterwords is out of our hands
    By your logic many warez and software cracks etc. are legal, (which we know is not true.) Facilitating copyright infringement is illegal, thepiratebay is an example of such. I wish it was not so, but it is.
    Last edited by epsilon; 2009-04-29 at 06:13 AM.

  10. #30
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,824
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Nothing is facilitated here. That was his point.

  11. #31
    By making available or providing tools with which one can jailbreak breaking copyright is considered faciliation of copyright as set in the recent pirate bay court case.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^Im not saying it couldnt be copyright infringement. I agree.

    BUT, until it goes through the proper legal battles.....its not "legally illegal" if that makes sense.

    So, Apple saying its illegal doesnt make it....and for that reason we cant actually "get in trouble" for doing it.

    The reason we are the way we are with anything cracked/pirated/warez (which really is by law illegal) is because this site MMi has been in more than one legal battle with Apple all ready and it costs $$$$
    if u dont mind can u tell me what kind of lawsuit n about what...just interested

  13. #33
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,562
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 164 Times in 135 Posts

    Ive said it before but ive never had a proper answer before.

    dTunes is hosted on the MMi repo.

    Legally there is no difference between dTunes and our favourite cracked app downloading app.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Ive said it before but ive never had a proper answer before.

    dTunes is hosted on the MMi repo.

    Legally there is no difference between dTunes and our favourite cracked app downloading app.
    Its the loophole if you will that also helps places like thepiratebay and others.....

    Dtunes is a peer to peer file sharing program, it hosts links not actual music, etc. So, technically its not illegal.

    However, what you do with it is


    PS- Lawsuits, well we've had to change the name of modmyi 2 times per lawsuits with Apple, also we've had to remove stuff we had in the downloads section (stuff we used to host) that was Apple proprietary. We've also come to an agreement with Apple with is mutually pleasing.....and it includes not linking/hosting the stuff we dont allow

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    However, pirating software is.
    Unless you live in Switzerland where there is no copyright laws.


    But I'm HIGHLY doubting anyone here lives there.. It's cold.

  16. #36
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,302
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts


  17. #37
    ^Stil ROMFFLMMFAO.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    Wrong site to ask buddy. Check the site where you got the stolen property from.

    yeah .....jailbreaking = hacking

    that is sooooo much more ethnical

    can anyone spell hypocrite??

  19. #39
    My iPhone is a Part of Me se23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London uk
    Posts
    889
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 73 Times in 59 Posts

    Don't know y all these people come here to try and justify cracked apps? Ok I see ur point about jb, but by jb and using most stuff ur not stealing. I'm going college this year, buying a new pro & iPhone 3gs plus college fees to develop for AppStore, I have a whitebook and 3g already. I work for panasonic( good money) family of 4 to support. But all u crooks want to make me give up on this. U kinda make me sick. Ur no better than shop lifters. I already got forced out of uk garage scene cos of downloads & now this.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Its the loophole if you will that also helps places like thepiratebay and others.....

    Dtunes is a peer to peer file sharing program, it hosts links not actual music, etc. So, technically its not illegal.

    However, what you do with it is


    PS- Lawsuits, well we've had to change the name of modmyi 2 times per lawsuits with Apple, also we've had to remove stuff we had in the downloads section (stuff we used to host) that was Apple proprietary. We've also come to an agreement with Apple with is mutually pleasing.....and it includes not linking/hosting the stuff we dont allow
    wow that is really hypocritical!!!!!!! A*****us doesn't host the files, it links to them. Its not like I*****us forces you to use illegal pirated apps, you can install apps you bought legally or homebrewed, right?

    Legally jailbreaking is more illegal then pirating apps as jailbreaking infringes a whole OS not a 1-100mb program and most apps cost 99cents while the os (in theory with hardware) cost over $600

    Saying jailbreaking just provides tools is like saying the downloading mac osx on pirate bay is less illegal then downloading a song on limewire!

    Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    Don't know y all these people come here to try and justify cracked apps? Ok I see ur point about jb, but by jb and using most stuff ur not stealing. I'm going college this year, buying a new pro & iPhone 3gs plus college fees to develop for AppStore, I have a whitebook and 3g already. I work for panasonic( good money) family of 4 to support. But all u crooks want to make me give up on this. U kinda make me sick. Ur no better than shop lifters. I already got forced out of uk garage scene cos of downloads & now this.
    How are pirates crook's? How are they no better then shoplifters?
    If a shoplifter steals let's say a shirt the store not only loses the hypothetical profit (the chance he would might buy the shirt) and the physical property (so the shop has to go buy a new shirt so they can sell it). When a pirate 'shares' a pirated program the developer only loses the hypothetical profit (but most likely the pirate would not get the program if he couldn't get it for free). The shop lifter creates losses to the shop owner but the pirate does not make you loss anything as he would never buy your program.

    It wasn't pirates who forced you out of the 'garage scene' but your crappy programing. If they didn't pirate your program they would have not bought it anyways and in the end you would have failed anyways. They actually might have helped with making the program more popular and interesting some potential buyers who do not use pirated software.

    I find it silly when developers think that every pirated app downloaded equals loss of profit.

    Ethically jailbreaking can be justified by saying you do not steal apple's code, you just change it and distribute it but you can also justify pirating by saying the developer does not lose property just hypothetical profit (as most people wouldn't buy the app if it wasn't pirated)

    Maybe in this forum's populations' minds jailbreaking is more ethical it is still 'more' illegal. I personally don't care and believe pirating isn't that bad (still not that ethical, or legal) because I'm not creating a loss of physical property or profit because there is an infinite amount of app downloads and i would not buy the app anyways, but i do have regrets if the app uses a developers' server as i did not pay for the electricity.

    Last let's answer the question, no the appstore will not update cracked apps but if you use the iphone app that installs cracked apps with an updated version of the app it will update properly.

    PS if you have questions like this head over Here <-- note that site is highly not illegal but contains a community that may help you in using illegaly cracked apps.
    Last edited by alek; 2009-06-24 at 01:49 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •