Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WiFi not working on fw2.0.1- help

Default WiFi not working on fw2.0.1- help
    I have upgraded/downgraded twice from 1.1.4 to 2.0; during this process I lost my wifi feature. I dont have the 'greyed out' button issue, I have the 'wheel spining forever' issue and doesnt recognize any networks. When i click on 'other network' and type-in the network info/pwd, then click 'Join', my phone stays on the page and nothing happens for hours...

Everything else works using the Edge/GPRS network. I am on Tmobile USA, 1st generation iphone, fw 2.0.1

Did i corrupt some files during the upgrade/downgrade
    Under 'Settings' i can see Wi-Fi address and IMEI

Could you someone advise? thanks.

Thanks

This may sound silly, but try rebooting your home router.

There are two things I do whenever I have wifi connection issues.

1. Reboot the phone.

2. Choose the "Renew Lease" option under Settings > Wifi > Name of Network

These may not help your particular case. But it's worth a try and this tips may help someone else having trouble.

I have done many rebooting, and restoring.... I can toggle the WiFi 'On/Off' switch, when the switch is turned ON, the wheel spins and spins, and nothing shows up under network.. When i tap on the 'Other Network' option, and plug-in the info, nothing happens either; the screens stays there until i hit the Home button...

Can you share the code in the 'resolv.conf' file, and confirm if you see that file under the /private/var/run or /private/etc directories?? and do you see a red mark on that file??
    Btw, i am using WinSCP file browser....